Meet & Gathering PICTURES Got pictures from a meet, gathering or car show? Post them in here! We love pics!

Nebraska The Lat Fling til Spring (West Point,NE)

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2017, 05:10 PM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Smile Nomad wagons

I was surprised to see all the Nomad Station wagons there. I saw a 55 as well as the 57 and these 2- 56's there was also a 58? but it was a 4 door.

Attached Thumbnails The Lat Fling til Spring (West Point,NE)-img_4019.jpg   The Lat Fling til Spring (West Point,NE)-img_4021.jpg   The Lat Fling til Spring (West Point,NE)-img_4023.jpg   The Lat Fling til Spring (West Point,NE)-img_4026.jpg   The Lat Fling til Spring (West Point,NE)-img_4028.jpg  

Old 12-20-2017, 09:55 AM

Hey drivernumber3 the black aerocoupe is mine. My son and I made the trip from Minnesota. Was a good show.

Old 12-20-2017, 11:27 AM
5 Year Member
Smile kool

Originally Posted by shaddow
Hey drivernumber3 the black aerocoupe is mine. My son and I made the trip from Minnesota. Was a good show.
That is one nice AeroCoupe for sure and it is also my favorite color.
You can be proud of that one I am Honored that I got to see it.
some extra photo's too.
Sometimes at these shows you can get a real pretty girl in the shot but they were a rare find for sure.

Attached Thumbnails The Lat Fling til Spring (West Point,NE)-img_4010.jpg   The Lat Fling til Spring (West Point,NE)-img_4011.jpg   The Lat Fling til Spring (West Point,NE)-img_4012.jpg   The Lat Fling til Spring (West Point,NE)-img_4013.jpg   The Lat Fling til Spring (West Point,NE)-img_4015.jpg  

Old 12-20-2017, 12:26 PM

Thank you for the compliments on SHADDOW. This is a father/son effort. My son Colyn is a big part of the car since we got it when he was about 4 years old. We have been wanting to go to this show for about five years but it is so far to go for a one day show however we are glad we went. There were so many nice cars. And yes as 06MistreSS said we did win first place in our class there. We also won one of the 6.5 foot tall trophies for sponsors choice. I'm sure we will go again but not every year.

Old 12-20-2017, 03:56 PM
5 Year Member
Smile kool ride

Thank you for the compliments on SHADDOW. This is a father/son effort. My son Colyn is a big part of the car since we got it when he was about 4 years old. We have been wanting to go to this show for about five years but it is so far to go for a one day show however we are glad we went. There were so many nice cars. And yes as 06MistreSS said we did win first place in our class there. We also won one of the 6.5 foot tall trophies for sponsors choice. I'm sure we will go again but not every year.
I went to the National Monte show in Bowling Green, KY a few years back and there were a few Aerocoupes there as well.
I have never been quick enough when on came up for sale to get it.
When My son began to drive I found a Silver one in Columbus, NE. I almost bought it but it was going to be a school car and I was thinking No way he wouldn't appreciate the car. I did get him a Monte Carlo a Red one it was a good car for him.
The girls all loved it too.....
Shaddow is a great name, I had a girlfriend once that had a Black Horse and she named him Shaddow too. Now he was the spitting image of the one James West had in the TV show the Wild Wild West, he was a handful to ride.

Old 12-21-2017, 06:10 AM

We went to the Monte Nationals for four years 2013-2016 and received an award in 2013 and 2016 so I'm happy with that because our car is far from perfect. I enjoy seeing all the cars and friends we made from going to nationals however we did not go for 2017 and I don't think we will attend in 2018 either.

I think John does a great job with running the club and show however there are always things people think should be changed and I am one of them.

Old 12-21-2017, 08:49 AM
5 Year Member
Smile

We went to the Monte Nationals for four years 2013-2016 and received an award in 2013 and 2016 so I'm happy with that because our car is far from perfect. I enjoy seeing all the cars and friends we made from going to nationals however we did not go for 2017 and I don't think we will attend in 2018 either.

I think John does a great job with running the club and show however there are always things people think should be changed and I am one of them.
I had no idea what to expect, I just happened to be working in Tennessee and it was close and I got to meet some of the folks on the forum and the late Barb(p343). All I had was my rental car a Chevy Cruze...... I did see a fellow who had a White Gen 4 Monte and was from Nebraska he trailered it down there a 2 day trip he said. I wish there was a more Western version for that type of show? But I haven't found anything.
I most likely I saw your Monte there I may even have a photo of it. I have a 5th Gen Monte Carlo and I saw only 1 there and it was Red.
I tried to strike up a conversation with the guy and he excused himself to get back to work on the Car.
I don't get to excited about going to that one because the 5th Gen. Monte is for some reason the most hated version of the Monte Carlo??
I was in St. Louis working and saw a 4th Gen Monte Carlo at a car show there that was at the show in Kentucky.
I spoke with the guy and his wife and took some photo's. They asked me if I had a Monte Carlo?
I said yah! I have the most hated version of the Monte and they said oh yours is a 5th Gen.
Personally the one that I never cared for was the Gen 2 (73 to 78) they were big as a Lincoln, you could land an F-14 tomcat on the hood and still have taxi room?
They had some nice features back in the day and for a short time my buddy owned one with the swivel bucket seats.
I have been doing some work on mine and this last year only got to 2 shows, however I have retired now and hopefully I can make a few shows this coming year. Fun stuff for sure!!

Old 12-29-2017, 12:34 AM
5 Year Member
Smile Some photo's of the Monte show in Bowling Green

Here are some photo's from the Bowling Green, KY Monte Carlo show there is some in here of Shaddow also, and possibly a cousin to Shaddow as well.
The one that I thought was unusual had the Gray interior and the shifter system from a Buick or Olds and the Gauge cluster in the dash was real nice.

Attached Thumbnails The Lat Fling til Spring (West Point,NE)-dscf9792.jpg   The Lat Fling til Spring (West Point,NE)-dscf9790a.jpg   The Lat Fling til Spring (West Point,NE)-dscf9812a.jpg   The Lat Fling til Spring (West Point,NE)-dscf9813a.jpg   The Lat Fling til Spring (West Point,NE)-dscf9824.jpg  

The Lat Fling til Spring (West Point,NE)-dscf9787a.jpg   The Lat Fling til Spring (West Point,NE)-dscf9793a.jpg  

Last edited by drivernumber3; 12-29-2017 at 12:38 AM. Reason: add more photo's