Meet & Gathering PICTURES Got pictures from a meet, gathering or car show? Post them in here! We love pics!

Nebraska Last Fling 'Til Spring (West Point, NE)

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2018, 08:05 PM
Monte Of The Month -- January 2017
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Last Fling 'Til Spring (West Point, NE)

This was my first time at this car show in a small town northwest of Omaha, but drivernumber3 was there last year and got good pics of the show. This year, though, he was kept busy as Dale Earnhardt Sr.'s natural look-alike, so it fell to me to get some pics of the Monte Carlos that showed up.

Drivernumber3's custom black '99 was right there with him, as was this Intimidator Edition 2002 (?) SS from Omaha, both cars looking spiffy.
I never noticed the different struts for the trunklid on the 6th-gen before; that's interesting, they don't even take up space in the cargo hold when the lid's down.

Attached Thumbnails Last Fling 'Til Spring (West Point, NE)-wp_dn3_1.jpg   Last Fling 'Til Spring (West Point, NE)-wp_dn3_lumina.jpg   Last Fling 'Til Spring (West Point, NE)-wp_dn3_99car_1.jpg   Last Fling 'Til Spring (West Point, NE)-wp_dn3_99car_2.jpg  
Old 09-17-2018, 08:12 PM
5 Year Member

There were these very clean 2nd-gen Montes elsewhere in the show; I think they were all 1977s. (There's a blue one behind the cream-colored one.) Looks like they were all at last year's show too.

Attached Thumbnails Last Fling 'Til Spring (West Point, NE)-wp_77mcduo_1.jpg   Last Fling 'Til Spring (West Point, NE)-wp_77mcsilver_1.jpg   Last Fling 'Til Spring (West Point, NE)-wp_77mcsilver_2.jpg  
Old 09-17-2018, 08:21 PM
5 Year Member

And there were three 4th-gen SS Montes... but this dark-blue one was parked just outside of the show, across the street. Looked too good to me to leave out.

Right next to the silver and black SSs was a Delorean! Some totally '80s retro right there.
The black SS is an AeroCoupe, too; I believe he's been at the show at least once before as well.

Attached Thumbnails Last Fling 'Til Spring (West Point, NE)-wp_darkss_1.jpg   Last Fling 'Til Spring (West Point, NE)-wp_darkss_2.jpg   Last Fling 'Til Spring (West Point, NE)-wp_montesssanddelorean.jpg  
Old 09-17-2018, 08:33 PM
5 Year Member

And then there was my own '95 Brickyard 400 Pace Car Edition... with a lucky spot in the shade!

(Whoever might think that the white-purple-and-gold Pace Car graphic scheme is too "gaudy" must never have seen a '98 Corvette Pace Car Edition!)
Of course, all the 'vettes had their own section of the show, and they all turn out in force. Not too shabby for a small town way out in Nebraska.

Attached Thumbnails Last Fling 'Til Spring (West Point, NE)-wp_95mcinshade.jpg   Last Fling 'Til Spring (West Point, NE)-wp_98vettepacecar.jpg  
Old 09-18-2018, 07:30 AM
Monte Of The Month -- May 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2017
5 Year Member
Smile Wow those are some great shots

Wow those are some great shots for sure!! Share some more!

Old 09-18-2018, 08:56 PM
5 Year Member

Okay -- I actually didn't take a whole lot of pictures, but it looks like there are a few more worthy ones.

Next to my '95 was a little Mercury Capri hardtop from the early '90s. Between us, we were the only '90s cars that weren't the usual Camaro - Firebird - Mustang assortment.
But I do like '90s Camaros too, especially those white 1997 editions with the Hugger Orange stripes.
In another part of the show were these late-model blue Chevys, a Camaro and an SS sedan. (Got a bit of finger-over-the-lens on that shot, whoops... )

Attached Thumbnails Last Fling 'Til Spring (West Point, NE)-wp_95mcwithcapri.jpg   Last Fling 'Til Spring (West Point, NE)-wp_camarorow.jpg   Last Fling 'Til Spring (West Point, NE)-wp_bluecamaro_sssedan.jpg  
Old 09-18-2018, 09:09 PM
5 Year Member

Here's one more shot of the #3 Lumina racer tribute car.
Another black beauty that caught my eye was this "boat-tail" Buick Riviera. No one styles a car with that much panache anymore -- it sure is from a different era. Times are always changin'...
And then there was this little plush #3 race car, seemingly driving on a bridge across a big Chevy V-8. Pretty cute, you gotta admit. Drivernumber3, you probably have at least one of those plush #3 cars too, I'll bet...

Attached Thumbnails Last Fling 'Til Spring (West Point, NE)-wp_dn3_lumina_l.jpg   Last Fling 'Til Spring (West Point, NE)-wp_blackrivboattail.jpg   Last Fling 'Til Spring (West Point, NE)-wp_plushracer3.jpg  
Old 10-04-2018, 10:17 AM
5 Year Member
Cool Last Fling til Spring car show Results of the show?

I just found this link for the Last Fling til Spring car show Results of the show. It didn't turn out to well for the 5th Gen Monte Carlos.
But they sure gave away a bunch of Trophies and awards.

https://roadgems.com/car-show-results/

Old 10-08-2018, 02:21 PM
5 Year Member

Yeah, I wasn't seriously expecting an award for my '95 anyway; it has various cosmetic imperfections, and the paint on the spoiler is going bad fast.

Still, the main point was to add more variety to the show, which we did. A lot of those award winners are heavy hitters, with a lot of $$$$$$ invested.

Old 11-25-2018, 03:50 PM
5 Year Member
Cool

Quick Reply: Nebraska Last Fling 'Til Spring (West Point, NE)