Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Meet & Gathering PICTURES (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/meet-gathering-pictures-59/)
-   -   All 4 LS4's (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/meet-gathering-pictures-59/all-4-ls4s-52252/)

Tadcaster 03-08-2015 08:26 AM

Great pictures of some awesome cars!

SupplySgt 03-08-2015 09:14 AM

Nice pics! I didn't realize that Buick put LS4s into the LaCrosse. Interesting. I missed out on a chance to jump on a GXP a couple of years ago. I was dead set on a smaller truck (while keeping the Burb that I had at the time). I ended up not buying another truck and it was gone.

AwesomeSS 03-08-2015 01:37 PM

Very cool pics - thanks for sharing!

ChibiBlackSheep 03-09-2015 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by xxtheshockerxx (Post 650070)
Pretty cool. I would have never guessed tunes would have been much different. Mike what was different in what you saw? Kinda interesting.

It's been a few months since I looked at the 2 side-by-side, but the Monte was timed more aggressively, torque reduction was less, and a bunch of other small things were different.

My assumption was to make the Impala a smoother ride overall

xxtheshockerxx 03-09-2015 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep (Post 650339)
It's been a few months since I looked at the 2 side-by-side, but the Monte was timed more aggressively, torque reduction was less, and a bunch of other small things were different.

My assumption was to make the Impala a smoother ride overall

hmm that is kinda interesting. Wish I knew more about tuning and had hp tuners to mess with. I always thought the Impala's seemed slower stock for stock in comparison to the Montes just from the ones I have got to drive for work.

ChibiBlackSheep 03-09-2015 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by xxtheshockerxx (Post 650343)
hmm that is kinda interesting. Wish I knew more about tuning and had hp tuners to mess with. I always thought the Impala's seemed slower stock for stock in comparison to the Montes just from the ones I have got to drive for work.

Yeah, it's definitely interesting being able to check it all out. I wrote Amanda's stock file to my computer just in case she wants a tune like Devin's when we meet up at car shows

MnteCrloSS47 03-09-2015 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep (Post 650345)
Yeah, it's definitely interesting being able to check it all out. I wrote Amanda's stock file to my computer just in case she wants a tune like Devin's when we meet up at car shows

Oh she wants one haha bad!
And i need Rev limit up!
and Keane needs a tune!

we def gotta meet up this spring haha!

ChibiBlackSheep 03-09-2015 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by MnteCrloSS47 (Post 650351)
Oh she wants one haha bad!
And i need Rev limit up!
and Keane needs a tune!

we def gotta meet up this spring haha!

Haha, yes we do! Looks like I'll be a little busy :rotfl:

The nicer weather is finally starting to come

xxtheshockerxx 03-09-2015 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep (Post 650345)

not to hijack but maybe you will know....are you able to rotate a card style MAF 180 degrees so the plug is facing downward with no ill effects? Odd question but Might solve a clearance issue I am having on my ls4 just unsure if that is alright.

ChibiBlackSheep 03-10-2015 10:52 AM

If it bolts up upside down, I don't see a reason why it wouldn't work. It's just a coil that the engine heats up and then the passing air cools it and then the car knows the volume being pushed through. Whether it is upside down or not shouldn't effect that reading.