Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   MCF Website Problems & Issues (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/mcf-website-problems-issues-6/)
-   -   SUGGESTION (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/mcf-website-problems-issues-6/suggestion-3087/)

RXJIM 01-05-2007 02:40 AM

SUGGESTION

How about a generation specific forum, one for each body style.Thisis the first time I visited this forum and was looking for some information about a few issues I have with my 99 ls.I found it a little difficult to sift throu all the threads. There seems to be enough traffic here that the site would really benifitfrom this. Plus it would make dial-up life a little easier.

Thanks,
RXJIM

mickey 01-05-2007 03:54 AM

RE: SUGGESTION

Dial up EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!

belive me i feel your pain LOL
this is why i have a laptop and just go steal bandwidth LOL
what are you tryign to find out on the 99ls?
as for a year specific not sure why they havent done this in here but at the same time for the most part if you have anythign someone can help you ust ask it someone will help you out. most of us know somethign about all montes and others know certin years pretty well.

Welcome to the group. and let us knwo what your looking for.

wiz kidd 01-05-2007 10:20 AM

hey, welcome to the site :)

what are you wanting to know about your car???

the easiest thing to do is just to make a post about it, there's lots of people on here that know a lot about their cars and can probably answer most questions for you :) or try anyway :)

BeachBumMike 01-05-2007 11:49 AM

[align=center]Hi Jim, Welcome 2 MCF[/align][align=center]I sure can relate to dial up connections [X(][/align][align=center](Living on a barrier island in the Atlantic Ocean & having an old-slow puter[/align][align=center]it can take 4-ever to do a search)[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]It would be easier if the generations were separated, but if[/align][align=center]you spend some time on MCF, you will find that there[/align][align=center]are several members with great knowledge[/align][align=center]of all in theMonte Carlo Family.[/align][align=center]The key word is [:@]Patience...!!![/align][align=center]Submit your post & ask your questions, as the above members have[/align][align=center]suggested. Then check back often for their comments or answers.[/align][align=center]This is not a Chat Room with Tech's on hand to[/align][align=center]immediately answer or solve your problems.[/align][align=center]Some members only visit the MCF once a week and[/align][align=center]will assist others with their problems.[/align][align=center]Many join the MCF when they just have problems [:@]with their Monte[/align][align=center]&[/align][align=center]after they get their answers vanish from the site.[/align][align=center]They don't return to contribute...They just take & run [/align][align=center]&[/align][align=center]don't give anything back.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]You're suggestion have been heard & I thank your for taking[/align][align=center]the time to submit it.[/align][align=center]I hope that you resolve the problems with your Monte.[/align][align=center]I hope hope that us dial up people get the $'s[/align][align=center]to upgrade our puters [/align][align=center]and[/align][align=center]our Monte Carlo's.[/align][align=center]"Giving up to get...Giving Up 2 Give"[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]Look forward to your future posts.[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]Wish you a `Happy[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]`Space[/align][align=center][/align][align=center]:eek:[/align][align=center][:-]Click below link to What Generation is your Monte Carlo [:-][/align][align=center][/align][align=center]https://montecarloforum.com/m_17886/tm.htm[/align][align=center][/align][align=center][/align]

RXJIM 01-05-2007 10:24 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome.

My head lights and dome light tend to flicker just a little bit, I only notice it when I'm behind someone at a light or park facing a wall.I did find someone with the same problem, they took it to the dealer andcould not getit fixed at that time. It's not a big deal just a little strange.

The car has been problem free for the most part. My window regulators drag a little, and fall out of the channel if its wet outwhenIuse them, but I have gotten it down to a 10-15 min. repair. I bought the car used with about 29,000 on it in 01 and now it has 133,000, and I like it so much that I'm going for 200,000 before I even think about selling or tradingin. If that goes pretty smooth I might just go for 300,000.

Thanks for listing
RXJIM

wiz kidd 01-06-2007 10:20 AM

do you have a stereo in it???

you should have the battery tested as well, as the car is about 6 years old now, batteries dont always last that long, i know up here in the cold once 5 years hits, say goodbye to your battery and get another one, thats why they only come with 5 year warranties on them