Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   MCF Website Problems & Issues (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/mcf-website-problems-issues-6/)
-   -   My Resignation (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/mcf-website-problems-issues-6/my-resignation-46380/)

Taz 12-29-2013 08:45 PM

My Resignation

Before the rumor mill starts, I think I should address this.

It's not a secret that I've been extremely busy the last year or two. Due to a number of things going on outside of the forum. We all have things in real life that takes up our time, and leaves less and less time for the fun things in life. One of the fun things in my life has been this forum.

Being an administrator of a forum has more work involved than some people may realize. There's a lot of behind the scenes stuff that never gets seen by the members.

This past year, as many of you probably noticed, I've spent less and less time on MCF. This is not because I don't like the forum, the members, or anything else involved with the forum. It was simply because of me having less and less time to come to the forum. This is why I asked ChibiBlackSheep (Mike) to be co-admin with me.

But after some serious soul-searching, I've come to a decision. If I'm not able to fulfill my duties as admin, then I need to step aside and let someone else do it.

I want to make it clear... I made this decision on my own. I was not asked to step down. No one asked me or forced me to do anything. This was completely my decision. Too many over-stay their welcome because they don't know when to go. I didn't want that to happen here. After much thought, I decided it's time to step aside.

This is not an easy decision for me. I've been on MCF since I bought my Monte in 2007. I've spent so much time, effort, and money on doing what ever I could to help make MCF a better place. It's very hard to leave something you've spent so much time and effort on.

Admin Mike very generously made the offer to keep me on as a moderator. I feel very honored at Mike's offer, so I will be MCF's newest moderator rather than leave the forum I love.

MCF will go on with or without me. I know that. This is The Monte Carlo Enthusiast Community Forum. MonteCarloForum.com. Not Taz's forum. MCF has great members, and a great staff that have always been there for each other. With Mike as admin, I know MCF is in competent and capable hands. With a great future. And I look forward to spending many more years here, as long as you're willing to have me around. :)

Lou

P.S. Monte Of The Month Certificates will be available from ChibiBlackSheep Mike.

Jomao_o 12-29-2013 08:52 PM

I don't have a clue what happens behind the scenes but I'm sure you guys (all) do a ton of work that goes un noticed, thanks for it all.

Hope whatever made you go this route pans out for the best, good luck.

Leprechaun93 12-29-2013 08:57 PM

I've been the admin of a few forums in the past and I know there is plenty to do behind the scenes. Wish you the best of luck in the future.

xxtheshockerxx 12-29-2013 09:15 PM

Thanks for all your hard work Lou. Make sure you stop by and let your MCF family know how it's going. You have been a great admin for the site and I think I can speak for all of MCF and say we appreciate everything you have done. Sometimes life happens and I wish you all the best with everything that is going on.

-Zach

JC Colon 12-29-2013 09:34 PM

(Taz) Lou, we all know that life is not Fare, does not allow us to spend Time on things that we like over things that we Have to do. Keep your chin up, charge forward but be smart about it. Things always pan out in the end, even though the end is not always easy to see. Good luck in your personal endeavours, and know that although you may not be able to be on the site as often, I for one will look forward to those moments when you can spend a little time here!

ZIPPY02 12-29-2013 10:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hello TAZ! (Lou) well this is somewhat of a catch one off guard moment. You have always been here since I came to the forum, you have been the man, this is where the buck stops guy. Your Admin efforts have really helped shape the MCF into what she has become. Job well done, you can be proud of your time behind the controls. Thanks so very very much for all your known and unknown efforts.

Mike will have his own leadership styles and will not let us or you down. He has readily stepped up to the plate and your leaving the forum in competent hands.

Know this is not the last we have heard from you, will continue to look forward to your contributions as time permits!!

Attachment 28936

BeachBumMike 12-30-2013 05:53 AM

>Good Luck on your Journey of 'Life<

Hello 'Lou > Taz,
I was very surprised to read your announcement, but
I understand that a person must do what is
best for them in life.
http://www.greetingsquotes.com/wp-co...You-Quotes.jpg
For everything you have done for your
Monte Carlo Family
https://montecarloforum.com/forum/av...ine=1387014985
Wish you the very best in life.

Tadcaster 12-30-2013 07:25 AM

Lou, Thanks for all the work you do in the forum. I hope to still see you on F/B

I know you do care for your dad and that takes a LOT of time I know, because I am going through the same myself with my mom, and Ronda is a BIG help even.

You will be missed and I am sure Mike will do a great job.
Best to you Lou!

Taz 12-30-2013 07:55 AM

Thanks for all the well wishes and kind words.

Just to clarify though...

I'm stepping down as administrator. ChibiBlackSheep Mike very generously asked me to stay as a moderator. So I'm not leaving the forum, I'm giving up my administrator job. I'll still come around as much as I can.

ChibiBlackSheep 12-30-2013 07:59 AM

Obviously the news is now out, and Lou will most certainly be missed as our Admin. He truly did shape this forum into the one that we all see and use today.

I have big shoes to fill, and I know that. But obviously Lou isn't going anywhere any time soon, he just might check in less. I agreed that he should stay on as a Mod, not only because the staff section would be lonely without him, but it allows him to keep some control of things, and doesn't FORCE him to log-in every lunch break.

I'm happy to have you stay around, and I wish you a less stressful life Lou :thumbsup:

Sincerely, thank you for everything you have done for all of us!