Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   MCF Website Problems & Issues (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/mcf-website-problems-issues-6/)
-   -   how bout a Paint/bodywork section (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/mcf-website-problems-issues-6/how-bout-paint-bodywork-section-13283/)

Nuffy 04-26-2009 02:04 PM

how bout a Paint/bodywork section

i noticed theres no real proper place to add topics that relating to painting and body work.. id love to have that section added :)

skylark65 04-26-2009 02:21 PM

i think thats a great idea, i never noticed that the mcf did not have a paint/ bodywork/ exterior mods type subcatigory, kind of funny since most of the montes i see that are on here are based around the exterior mods the owner has done, followed by the driveline / audio / wheels.
and exteror mods/ paintwork are the easyist way to make a late model monte stand out and not loose daily driveability

mrl390 04-26-2009 05:40 PM

Sounds like a good idea to me. Finally somewhere I can really help out. Thats my area of expertice.

God_Bot 04-26-2009 05:48 PM

Hecks yes I says.

Maybe then Detailing will go back to being about Detailing...

Taz 04-26-2009 07:08 PM

Not discounting the idea, but isn't that what the Detailing section is for?

mrl390 04-26-2009 07:49 PM

I thought the detailing section is for washing, waxing, buffing, vacuuming, badges, decals, vinyl graphics, tint, headlights, tail lights, foglights, interior lights and other interior modifications. There should be a paint/bodywork section for things like bodywork, rust repair, touch ups, paints/primers and custom painting. Posts could be anything from a DIY article, to a how to question, to photos of work that was done. Also, how many people paint their engine covers, ground effects, interior parts, valve covers, ect? I think it would be a good idea.

skylark65 04-26-2009 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Taz (Post 125331)
Not discounting the idea, but isn't that what the Detailing section is for?

i guess it all personal opinion, when i think detailing i think smaller things like wash and wax, decals, floormats & stain removel, cleaners, maby minor paint corrections, ect, ect.

when i think paint/ bodywork, i think stuff like dent / scratch repair, repaints, coustom paintwork, vinal body decals, body/ interior panel replacement, major interior overhauls, bodykits, rust repair ( for older montes) ect, ect.

then again, it all depends who you talk to. i may think the above, but my friend may think detailing consists of the major and minor stuff rolled all togeather in their bout of detailing/ coustimizing their car.

i do know that many 5th gens, not so much as 6th gens, were beat on by privious owners, ( definitly including mine) and i think it would be cool to have a more definite place to ask paint/ body related questions.

of course, thats just my $0.02. :)

God_Bot 04-26-2009 08:37 PM

^ I'm on the same page as those two.

Taz 04-27-2009 08:24 AM

Okay, I'll see what I can do about making a new section. Or possible making it and one or two other sections into their own area of the site. With different subsections, like other sites do.

Nothing will be deleted. Moved maybe, but I'll add a "Paint & Bodywork" section.

Taz 04-27-2009 09:48 AM

Done.

New section underneath the Detailing section named, "Paint, Body Work & Exterior.

For discussing painting your Monte, body work, and other exterior mods.