Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/interior-audio-visual-electronics-11/)
-   -   Steering Wheel buttons look crappy (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/interior-audio-visual-electronics-11/steering-wheel-buttons-look-crappy-15430/)

Frosty LS1 08-18-2009 01:45 AM

Steering Wheel buttons look crappy

The radio control and cruise control buttons on my Monte Carlo are all scratched up. They came that way when I bought it, witht he exception of a few cracks in the leather, and the paint peeling off the buttons the car was clean. How can I get these buttons repainted or replaced?

ChibiBlackSheep 08-18-2009 07:38 AM

Junk yard? Parts company.

JAFO 08-18-2009 07:51 AM

Strangly this seems to be a common problem and yet nobody has made aftermarket replacements.

Mine are so bad that the seek and volume buttons are just green blobs on the steering wheel. Have thought about just painting them black and learn what they are by touch. I hope someone else out there comes up with a better idea. Can't reall see finding decent replacements in the junk yard and hate to think what GM would charge, that is if they won't make you buy the whole steering wheel to get the buttons.

iMSeRiOuS 08-19-2009 01:54 PM

My volume down is a green blob lol Volume up is on its way.

ChibiBlackSheep 08-19-2009 02:04 PM

What are these green blobs lol, my 00SS still has good looking buttons.

JAFO 08-19-2009 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by chibiblacksheep (Post 152881)
my 00SS still has good looking buttons.

Sounds like a late night road trip to chibi's house is in my future... Say buddy what time do you go to sleep? How about when do wake in the morning? Any big dogs or guns in your house? :D

I honestly don't know what the PO did to those buttons. The ones on the radio and AC controls look brand new.

Did find on GMDirect.com that they had something that MIGHT be the buttons but no picture, just a poor drawing. The both of them were something like $85. Didn't have any parts numbers to check with the loacl Stealership. Might be well worth it to get new ones rather then junkyard parts

ChibiBlackSheep 08-19-2009 03:28 PM

I go to bed at noon, and I promise there's no guns...

Bring the camaro ;)

White04monte 08-19-2009 06:32 PM

look at the bright side at least you have steering wheel controls. i wish i had some :(

Enzo354 08-19-2009 07:11 PM

I got lucky and got some on a part out. Before that I just spray painted them with flat black paint, the vinyl stuff from dupicolor. Looked way better and didnt wear barely at all. Just dont break them prying them out lol. THe lights under them are really bright!!!

nemesis 08-19-2009 11:47 PM

you still have warranty? mine was faded out too, but the dealer replaced it cause it was still under warranty at that time.