Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/interior-audio-visual-electronics-11/)
-   -   SS embroidery for headrests (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/interior-audio-visual-electronics-11/ss-embroidery-headrests-46537/)

dgm 01-10-2014 08:50 PM

SS embroidery for headrests

Is there anyone out there that offers this as well as maybe emblems/stickers for things like oil filler cap,dash,etc....

matthewboyleZ34 01-10-2014 09:31 PM

I don't know about embroidery, but you can get stickers if you have vinyl or leather seats: SS headrest Chevrolet Cobalt Monte Carlo decal decals stickers - $18.00 : House of Grafx, Your One Stop Vinyl Graphics Shop

I'm sure you can go down to the local t-shirt graphics shop and if they have an embroidery machine they can get the SS digital image and embroider whatever you want. You would have to take the covers off your headrests and let them put it on. I would mark your centers while the covers are on and then take it to them.

You can also go to ebay and get real SS emblems/badges all day long for your trunk, doors, maybe filler cap... I would use the SS stickers for that one. The only thing I can't find is someone that sells the SS center cap for steering wheels.

The_Maniac 01-11-2014 12:35 AM

Another place for some custom stickers, overlays and such to look at is www.ReflectiveConcepts.com. They did the overlay on my eBay aluminum oil cap (came with a silver SS, red was not offered, Reflective Concepts made one that better matched my Monte).

BigRedGroceryGetter 01-11-2014 02:06 AM

News - NAIOA is also another store that sells overlays oil cap overlays Etc.

ZIPPY02 01-11-2014 09:51 AM

Most auto upholstery shops can do the embroidery, though the legit ones will have to charge you a fee for the rights to use the patent protected logo. I had mine done with SPARCO and had to pay a one time $75 fee. But now I can use it as much as I like, provided I go back to the same shop.

Ebay sells the SS logo's that are heat transsfered to the head rest. A few members on here have done this with great results.

See link below:

SS Headrest Decal Decals Stickers Graphics Fit Chevrolet Monte Carlo Cobalt | eBay

The_Maniac 01-11-2014 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by BigRedGroceryGetter (Post 589728)
News - NAIOA is also another store that sells overlays oil cap overlays Etc.

Last I read NAIOA closed the shop for good. I could be wrong. But I did check just now and it says "Temporarily Closed". SO not sure it's fate. I know when I wanted a custom oil cap overly, the member that did that kept saying he'd get me a design and never did.

BigRedGroceryGetter 01-13-2014 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by The_Maniac (Post 589790)
Last I read NAIOA closed the shop for good. I could be wrong. But I did check just now and it says "Temporarily Closed". SO not sure it's fate. I know when I wanted a custom oil cap overly, the member that did that kept saying he'd get me a design and never did.

Wow. I just checked. I had no idea they folded up.

ChibiBlackSheep 01-13-2014 07:57 AM

The shop on NAIOA wasn't running enough to even break even. They closed it around the same time as the hurricane I believe.

ReflectiveConcepts is a great guy who will also do custom work for people if you send him a note.

If you really like the bowtie headrests, keep a look out for them, because they do pop up for sale every now and then. :thumbsup:

UmmaGumma 01-30-2014 05:18 AM

Steal some headrests from a Impala SS, I keep trying to swap them from my girlfriends 07 Pala SS...don't know if they would fit yet tbh...

ChibiBlackSheep 01-30-2014 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by UmmaGumma (Post 593971)
Steal some headrests from a Impala SS, I keep trying to swap them from my girlfriends 07 Pala SS...don't know if they would fit yet tbh...

On a 2006-2007 Monte Carlo they will fit. On a 2000-2005 I believe the posts are just a tad too wide.