Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

6th Gen ('00-'05): OBD II no link to after repair?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2020, 06:49 AM
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default OBD II no link to after repair?

So I had the flexplate go out in my '05 Monte Carlo SS. I had it repaired and at first the garage said "we got it back together but your car won't start and is locked in passlock with the security light on". So I had them keep it and obviously work on repairing whatever was wrong. I then received a call that they got it to start BUT they had to disconnect the radio?!?! I was a little ticked off and went to talk to the mechanic to see why they weren't able to fix the problem----long story short I called in my buddy who has an electrical engineering degree and he ohm'ed out some wiring on the radio and everything seemed fine----the dash and radio were buttoned up at the garage and I went on my way.

Flash forward to yesterday: I have an ABS light that popped up and I went to put my ABS scanner on and now there is no link to the OBD II port? I did a little investigating on here and did check the cigarette lighter fuse and it is good. What did these guys do to my car? All they did was drop the tranny out to repair the flexplate?