Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

7th Gen ('06-'07): seat

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2018, 03:41 PM
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

I am a little ticked right now because when I got to work I felt like some thing was ripping and now I knew what it was the seat that I installed. where can I find the material to fix it more like it how much and the part #

Old 02-15-2018, 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
Really? How many miles do your seats see before they start to look like crap? Mine has all the original leather seats which have seen 94k miles over the 12 year life of the car and they're all still in very good condition. Mind you the driver seat back has some slight wear along the piping from getting into and out of but it's very minimal wear and not that noticeable.
I got the car at 130K miles. The driver's seat already had a four-inch split in the buck and a two-inch in the seat back. I got another seat in Tampa and switched it out. I faithfully put leather conditioner on it the day I got it home, and it was soft as a baby's rear. Nevertheless, a week after the swap, I knelt on it to get into the back seat and my knee went right through the bucket.

Seat three is in place now and the piping is already literally shredding. The front passenger seat, which AFAIK is original, just acquired a two-inch split in the bucket, and nothing has been in contact with it but my wife's rear.

For some perspective, the leather in my '96 Monte was perfect when it joined the choir invisible in 2005. The leather in my '98 Grand Prix was 12 years old when it was killed in 2010, and the only problem it had was a separating seam in the driver's seat, and there was so little damage to the leather that I could easily have had it resewn if I still had the car.

Old 02-15-2018, 11:34 AM
15 Year Member

right now I am looking for replacement seat material. every time I am looking for seat covers it is the whole aftermarket non replacement. what I mean is it is just a cover to cover up the material of the original seat. I found a place but not sure if it is just selling that cover that covers what we have or the actually replacing the material that split

Old 02-15-2018, 12:47 PM
15 Year Member

ok here is another question a friend has his monte stuck over the bolts of the seat base how can I get to them with out starting to cut as a option. if it is I rather try other methods first I am getting ready to see if it is the seat controls first but right now it seems like it is not it. granted I put in a new fuse and it got very warm and the new controls got warm as well and the seat didn't move. any way for it to move or do I need to start to cut and go from there