Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

no running lights or gauge pannel lights

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 09:24 PM
Default no running lights or gauge pannel lights

wired up a new cd player in a car that had no factory radio harness and everthing worked fine until my wife pointed out that my tail lights were not on and i also noticed my gauge pannel lights are not working. I have already read all the post in this section and i have checked all the fuses and nothing, has anyone ever seen or had this problem and what did they do to fix it. if i wind up having to go to a dealer i will post the solution just hoping i dont have to go

Old 12-13-2010, 09:44 PM

Monte Of The Month -- April 2011
GOT SPL

Check the wiring. Also did you use your Emergency break at all. That will cause your lights not to come on automatically but the switch will still work.

Old 12-13-2010, 10:19 PM

i did use my e brake but they dont turn on when i am driving still got my brake lights still got blinkers just no running or gauge lights

Old 12-13-2010, 10:34 PM

Monte Of The Month -- April 2011
GOT SPL

Not to be ignorant but you did make sure to disengaged the E brake right.. the headlights wont turn on till it disengaged.

Old 12-13-2010, 10:44 PM

Monte Of The Month -- December 2009
5 Year Member

What wires did you use for the constant power, accessory power and illumination for your stereo?

Old 12-14-2010, 12:15 AM

Hello Ctown. Just fixed the same problem you had today. I lost all interior lights when I shorted my illumination wire to ground. Last night the cops informed me that my tail lights were out. On the passenger side fuse box, check your tail light fuse. It may test good with a meter so you need to pull and visually check. All interior, tail lights and rear defog work. Now my daytime lights don't work. Low beams and Hi beams work but no daytime lights. Do you know anything about that?

Old 12-14-2010, 03:42 PM

my car is currently at the shop will inform everyone with their findings

Old 12-14-2010, 05:53 PM

Monte Of The Month -- July 2009
I'M NOT OLD, I'M JUST WELL MARINATED.
5 Year Member

Doesnt the BCM control all the light functions?

Old 12-14-2010, 07:47 PM

nothing to do with your running lights should be behind your deck. that i'm awear of, i know in bmw's they have the front light wiring through the deck, which is why they need a modual as well, but our modual doesn't have anything to do with that as far as i know. did you try putting the facotory deck in? it breaks my heart to hear you had to cave and take it in for work nothing werse than feeling like you broke your own **** :P i've been their >_< blew my start relay while playing with some stuff cost me 60$ for a 5$ relay plus a tow

Old 12-14-2010, 08:15 PM

i never had the factory radio, the radio wires is the only thing that i touched thats why i was thinking it was something with the radio

Quick Reply: no running lights or gauge pannel lights