Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/interior-audio-visual-electronics-11/)
-   -   Planned build. (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/interior-audio-visual-electronics-11/planned-build-28249/)

Dkolv1337 05-17-2011 02:11 AM

Planned build.

I have this planned for my build once I get home..I have some of the things ordered, but im waiting on the actual subs because I want to see the trunk in person before I make any final decisions.

Wiring - 0/1 KnuKoncepts complete wiring kit
Amp - AQ1200D Mono amp
Subs - (2) Alpine Type R's 12 IN or (2) SDC2.5 12 IN AQ's

The box I havent made any plans for, I want something that will be custom to the trunk, and I was hoping someone here would have some guidance for me. This will all be going into an 07 Monte.

dezzyboi16 05-17-2011 03:43 PM

Sounds like a pretty good sub stage.

What guidance you looking for?

03Monte 05-17-2011 05:22 PM

Cant wait to get back on the block can you, how long you been on deployment?

Dkolv1337 05-18-2011 02:36 AM

Hell yea man, I am pretty excited. This is going to be the nicest car ive ever owned, and I want to do it right. I been overseas for 1 and a half years..Did one tour of the Pacific ring, and then a tour in the Phillipines.

blackmonte781 05-18-2011 11:39 AM

thanks for your service boss. fiberglassing can be a pain in the ass but its somthing that you yourself can do. you can make it whatever shapes and sizes you want and if dont right with patients can come out looking like the cars from that pimp my ride mtv show ha. i think i got a couple of pics and a video of mine up check it out.

walkingonabullet 05-18-2011 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Dkolv1337 (Post 325700)
Hell yea man, I am pretty excited. This is going to be the nicest car ive ever owned, and I want to do it right. I been overseas for 1 and a half years..Did one tour of the Pacific ring, and then a tour in the Phillipines.

same thing here, this is my nicest car too. ive been doing some real big work on mine, if you want any help let me know :) not sure where you're form but i'm from eastern PA, if you're close i'll even help ya out, i'm pretty good with fiberglassing now, ive been working on some A pillars pods for some time in my car.

walkingonabullet 05-18-2011 04:32 PM

same thing here, this is my nicest car too. ive been doing some real big work on mine, if you want any help let me know :) not sure where you're form but i'm from eastern PA, if you're close i'll even help ya out, i'm pretty good with fiberglassing now, ive been working on some A pillars pods for some time in my car.

usialy I have something to say about gear choice, but I honestly think you'll be satisfied with this setup you've chosen. you might still want to replace the stock speakers, i wouldn't say you'd need an amp for em, since the car has one stock, just make sure you get 2 ohm speakers :) or wire them to 2 ohms ;) you can google more about those options if you want any help figuring out what that means i;'ll answer questions. thats up to you, perosnaly i found the stock speakers pretty decent. :congrats:

Dkolv1337 05-19-2011 10:52 AM

I will have to see how the stock speakers sound, but im not too worried about those at the moment..I wasnt sure if the 07's had stock amps, I was looking around and didnt get any solid word of if that is true or not, but I suppose I will find out when I pick this beauty up..If it has one it should be located under the rear speaker deck, is that correct? Ive also decided on woofers, going with some Sundown Audio SA-12's, found someone close with a deal I couldnt pass up.

walkingonabullet 05-19-2011 11:40 AM

a 7th gen should, idk some 7th gens don't, almost all 6th gens had em though but ive been seeing allot of 7th gens with out them for some reason. the stock location is in your trunk, under your rear deck, see if theirs a silver shiny box under their.

oh and, yeah def a good deal, i would love some sundown, they make some good stuff, but their one of those companys i'm not sure if it's more about SPL or SQ kind of a mix i think, i don't recall, so many brands to remember.

03Monte 05-19-2011 12:15 PM

sounds like you have been busy... at least your not playing in the sandbox!

a year and a half is a long time to be away from home...been there, i know the excitement your feeling about getting home...

just keep telling yourself...x days and a wake up! it will be here before you know it!