Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/interior-audio-visual-electronics-11/)
-   -   6th Gen ('00-'05): Pioneer AVH-X5800BHS Install (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/interior-audio-visual-electronics-11/pioneer-avh-x5800bhs-install-57197/)

Budnarrow 10-08-2016 07:44 PM

Pioneer AVH-X5800BHS Install

Hello all,

Can i get some help installing my new Pioneer double din stereo? I have a 2002 Monte Carlo LS
I bought the Pioneer 5800. i have insalled single dins before but this is a new learning experience. i went and tried to install the stereo today and found myself up against a wall with the ignition switch wire. i am unable to find that wire on the wiring diagrams that i was able to find on the internet. so i went to talk with a Car Audio Tech and he graciously took a look at what i had going and said i need the Metra Axxess LC-GMRC-CL29. no where in the purchase of this Pioneer 5800 said i needed anything else to get it installed so here i am. It looks though the Metra Axxess LC-GMRC-CL29 is about $100.00. i found the Metra LC-GMRC-01 GM Class 2 Data Bus Interface for $35.00 on Amazon

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B001XOBU...4ES8WTCK&psc=1

and am thinking that, that is really what i am supposed to get.

I am currenly out of money. and so i am curious to know is there a way to bypass this GMRC and connect it somewhere? otherwise i will wait.

I also bought the Metra Axxess Steering wheel kit. it would be cool if that was all i need to get this going :-P

Thank you

Barovelli 10-09-2016 10:52 AM

In my '06 there is a fuse labeled RAP in the passenger kick panel. It is on when the key is in accessory or run.

I tapped into it for the dashcam power and cell phone charger. Don't know if it would supply enough power for a head unit, but you could put a relay on it if needed.

Budnarrow 10-09-2016 11:29 PM

Thank you for responding Barovelli,

The Pioneer 5800 is powered by an orange wire that is "Hot" (always on), that is wired. the ignition wire basically tells the unit to turn on, from what i have been able to gather. but i am told it needs a curtian amount of power. i think i was told 12v.

Budnarrow 10-17-2016 08:01 PM

The news is i talked with a Car Audio tech and He suggested i get the PAC RP3-GM11. i have that now. my car has an amp but i dont know if it is a BOSE system. the reason i need to know that is because the PAC unit has RCA's that go into the RCA connections on the Pioneer stereo. but the PAC instructions say that if the car does not have a BOSE system to cut the wires and connect them to what ever other wires are availble for that car.

Budnarrow 10-17-2016 08:30 PM

disregard bad link

Budnarrow 03-14-2019 11:32 PM

Wiring the RP3-GM11 with the AVH-X5800BHS and the OEM Harness

I need help from you guys. I am trying to figure a couple wires out on the car stereo. On the stereo there is a Light green wire for the on/off status of the parking brake and the manual says to connect it to the power supply side of the parking brake switch. (+) and the RP3-GM11 has a red white parking brake output (-) can someone explain how these are to be connected? I had a Reverse camera installed and i currently have that UN-installed until i can figure out where some wires are supposed to go.

drivernumber3 03-15-2019 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by Budnarrow (Post 696377)
The news is i talked with a Car Audio tech and He suggested i get the PAC RP3-GM11. i have that now. my car has an amp but i dont know if it is a BOSE system. the reason i need to know that is because the PAC unit has RCA's that go into the RCA connections on the Pioneer stereo. but the PAC instructions say that if the car does not have a BOSE system to cut the wires and connect them to what ever other wires are availble for that car.

if you start cutting the wires you will start having issues with the Cars Computer that is all controlled thru the Radio System. Tap into them don't cut. or you might only be able to enjoy the new system sitting in the driveway.

Budnarrow 03-17-2019 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by drivernumber3 (Post 716525)
if you start cutting the wires you will start having issues with the Cars Computer that is all controlled thru the Radio System. Tap into them don't cut. or you might only be able to enjoy the new system sitting in the driveway.

Thank you for responding, I cut the wires on the original harness because i had thought i would need to wire an aftermarket wire harness and then i learned about the RP3-GM11 that needed to be used and have that installed. so i wired all of the wires with solder and shrink tube back to the original harness. the pioneer stereo works great. i do have a chuggle and fishbite issue i am trying to figure out, however i am doubtful that the wires that i soldered back together have anything to do with that. i have checked and double checked those wires and those are all in there correct place. and so there are a few wire i am trying to figure out. there is a secondary clip that has a black wire and a green-white wire what are those for? because i have that clip dis-connected. that was connected to the back of the original stereo. In my previous post i asked what are those wires supposed to be connected to? (Reverse indicator)