Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/interior-audio-visual-electronics-11/)
-   -   NEED steering wheel controls wiring diagram!!! (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/interior-audio-visual-electronics-11/need-steering-wheel-controls-wiring-diagram-22925/)

matt210 08-25-2010 11:40 AM

NEED steering wheel controls wiring diagram!!!

Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the steering wheels control buttons? i have an 04.. Please any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

eviling 08-26-2010 06:55 AM

google.com

matt210 08-26-2010 10:53 AM

haha i have tried... and tried... and then some more. if u are able to come across some that i obviously passed by.. please let me know with a link to or upload. please. i would just crack open the column and steering casing... but there arrives the problem.. i can get the column off but i cannot figure out the trick or method to get the steering wheel casing off.. and quite honestly im kinda scared ****less of messin with the steering wheel in fear off accidently setting off the airbag

eviling 08-26-2010 04:36 PM

well spaming the board with threads asking the same question isnt gonna get the answer any faster, and it sounds pretty searchable to me. yahoo, ask.com, bing , or you could always go to a dealer and ask for a schamatic to there harness for there 04 GM wire harness in there impala's or they might even have something on a monte carlo.

matt210 08-26-2010 05:17 PM

whoa dude i am not a spammer!! hate people that do that. I was originally trying to post the thread in the "how-to" section but they were not going through... as it seemed at the time. But i have checked google, and i find diagrams on other makes and models but not mine. i found a library near me that has a pretty extensive line of reference books. Lots of reference books on wiring diagrams too. so i think im just going to have to travel and make some copies.

matt210 08-26-2010 05:24 PM

and THANK YOU by the way too. Because the dealer idea sounds like a definate plan as well.. wow wasnt even thinking about that. a while back i had emission problems. so i went to the dealer and they printed me out the routing of everything dealing with emissions system

bbengineer 08-26-2010 07:28 PM

All of the buttons are wired to a single wire thru a resistor network so that each button press produces a different voltage on the wire and the radio detects the voltage to determine what button was pressed

BBEngineer

red04montels 08-26-2010 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by eviling (Post 258603)
well spaming the board with threads asking the same question isnt gonna get the answer any faster, and it sounds pretty searchable to me. yahoo, ask.com, bing , or you could always go to a dealer and ask for a schamatic to there harness for there 04 GM wire harness in there impala's or they might even have something on a monte carlo.

come on man, no need to be mean, theres times when i dont think things go through on my computer to and i double post, it happens to the best of us. lets all just get along.

nemesis 08-27-2010 05:57 PM

hey matt where at in chicago you locate? if you still want to know how take out the steering wheel button i can assist you. let me know if you need help.

monte07 08-27-2010 09:42 PM

what type of butons are youj going to put on? cruse controll or raidio buttons? if raidio buttons there is a small lead wire that comes from the cuse controll and then conects to the radio buttons it is all done behind the air bag