Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/interior-audio-visual-electronics-11/)
-   -   Low beam headlight issue (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/interior-audio-visual-electronics-11/low-beam-headlight-issue-20036/)

98Z34 01-06-2011 01:52 PM

2003 Monte Low Beams out - FIXED!!!!! AGAIN!!!!

These low beams things sure are troublesome. After cleaning the ground from last post, they worked a day or two and then started flickering and eventually went completely out again. :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused::confused::confused:

I still suspected a ground or connector issue so I took the multifunction connector apart and looked very closely at all the pins. Sure enough I had two that appeared slightly burned and a little of the plastic melted that holds them in place. The two pins were making a loose connection so I snipped the two wires and bypassed the multifunction connector completely. They've worked for a day now. I'm assuming some kind of overvoltage due to the earlier bad ground caused the burns. Keeping my fingers crossed they keep working and don't blow up.

Thanks again for everyone's helpful posts!

brianpurplehayes 12-19-2011 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by 98Z34 (Post 285552)
These low beams things sure are troublesome. After cleaning the ground from last post, they worked a day or two and then started flickering and eventually went completely out again. :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused::confused::confused:

I still suspected a ground or connector issue so I took the multifunction connector apart and looked very closely at all the pins. Sure enough I had two that appeared slightly burned and a little of the plastic melted that holds them in place. The two pins were making a loose connection so I snipped the two wires and bypassed the multifunction connector completely. They've worked for a day now. I'm assuming some kind of overvoltage due to the earlier bad ground caused the burns. Keeping my fingers crossed they keep working and don't blow up.

Thanks again for everyone's helpful posts!

What connector are you referring to ?? Where is it?

boggie 01-02-2012 06:30 PM

headlights

the stock headlights suck is there a better headlight set up that is better than the stock ones

Boxman420 01-02-2012 06:38 PM

You can get an aftermarket housing but I hear it sucks. Only way to increase output would be to do HIDs or I think silverstars are bright. I love HIDs my car has lows/fogs 10000k HIDs and my Harley has a 10000k 55watt kit and i will never go back. Although HIDs are considered illegal when not in a projecter

rgant_19 03-09-2012 11:59 PM

Samehere, my headlight started doing the samething like 2 days ago and I have to flick the highbeams on to enable to low beam. I hope this is not a costly repair because I just got the dealer to yank a aftermarket alarm w/ remote start off for $600+...smh! I hope this is an easy fix instead of a pricey repair. Any remember or straight to the point solutions would be greatly appreciated. Of and my low still come on but u dont want them to go out on me completely

Brown_893 05-20-2012 01:41 AM

Where is the ground by the radiator shroud at?

Froman 01-08-2013 07:59 AM

You can hunt all that down or.... Clip the headlight sockets. Run a ground with your own wire from both sockets over to the ground by upper driver radiator. Run a positive to a relay, then through a fuse with inline fuse holder from parts store to the stud under the red plastic cap at the fuse box. Power the relay activator from a parklight wire. Presto! 15 min.

avendo 12-15-2014 03:13 PM

what ground near the shroud? mine are out too...

avendo 12-15-2014 03:32 PM

when I tilt the wheel up the lights go on,i replaced the radio buttons the other day..took airbag off,is there anything in there or is it a plug under the column that's loose? help

1515Thomas 02-09-2015 12:24 PM

ground wire location

Originally Posted by 98Z34 (Post 284440)
Dyonysis - YOU F-ING ROCK!!!!!!!!!!! My low beams recently stopped working AGAIN (I fixed it the first time with a new mutlifunction switch). I have been going nuts over this and have been to literally thousands of webpages. I've tried everything was about to try to buy a new BCM and get it programmed and all that noise. What an F-ing waste that would have been. I just stumbled on your note about cleaning the ground by the radiator shroud. I thought "No way" but tried it anyway - AND MY LOW BEAMS CAME BACK!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

You are a life saver. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Where is this ground wire located
do you have a picture