Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/interior-audio-visual-electronics-11/)
-   -   Installing Pioneer DEH-6300UB Aftermarket Head Unit (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/interior-audio-visual-electronics-11/installing-pioneer-deh-6300ub-aftermarket-head-unit-29991/)

irace88 08-03-2011 12:01 AM

Installing Pioneer DEH-6300UB Aftermarket Head Unit

Hey all,

So today, sort of on impulse, but have really been thinking about it for a while, I bought the Pioneer DEH-6300UB from Crutchfield. When I added the unit to my cart, it made me also add the mounting hardware (free!), antenna adapter (free!) install guides (free!) and then the GM VT-GMOS-04 GM Class II Data bus Interface for $50 off.

I've just got a few questions...

Will this install be possible for me to do myself? I know the answer to that is yes, but if anyone could encourage me by simply saying they have done it too would be awesome haha. Now the whole data bus interface thing will keep the chimes and stuff, but does that whole system take the place of the wiring harness? Because I thought I would need one, but Crutchfield didn't prompt me to get it. So that should be fine, right? And the data bus interface isn't going to greatly increase the difficulty of the install, will it?

The mounting hardware that came with it looks great and all, but can I be sure it will fit right in to where the factory stereo is coming out? Yes, I should. And yet I'm not. haha. And in the half-din left under the head unit, will there be a floor to that or just a random hole?

Wow, a lot of questions...

I'm planning on buying subs soon. If/when I buy them, it will be 2 12" Kicker CVR's powered by a Kicker ZX750.1 Amp. This will work with the head unit, right? and as far as wiring the amp/subs, will it be a problem to get the head unit back out? It shouldn't be a problem, right?

Ugh why am I so dang scared! rarrrgh...

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Milhouse 08-03-2011 12:07 AM

It's pretty easy. Joo can do it!

03JGMonte 08-03-2011 12:32 PM

Yeah its pretty simple to install, just follow instructions

irace88 08-03-2011 05:41 PM

Mmk thanks guys :) haha I think I'm going to go ahead and buy the subs and amp as well.. maybe speaker and aftermarket amp later.

I also really want to install a Wizaired CAI and 3" downpipe with a CAT. But people aren't going to notice that as much as 800rms subs :D

irace88 08-04-2011 03:36 PM

Ok so I have decided not to get the CVR 12's with the zx750.1... It's just too much dang bass for the speakers!

Instead, I'm going to save a quick $200 and go with the C12's with the zx400.1

I feel that these will still provide enough bass for me and not make the system too terribly lopsided... Any input on this, though? Bad choice?