Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/interior-audio-visual-electronics-11/)
-   -   Installing LEDs. questions and opinions (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/interior-audio-visual-electronics-11/installing-leds-questions-opinions-30647/)

mstrmysterious63 09-01-2011 01:00 AM

Installing LEDs. questions and opinions

first off, has anybody replaced the stock interior lights (gauges, radio lights, steering wheel controles and door button lights) with LEDs?

i really wanna do this, but im not up for a difficult task or paying someone to do it.

also, im planning on doing the LED cupholder mod, which is a 7 color LED in the cupholder. is there any way to get behind the cigarette lighter without having to take the console out? and if not... how do i go about taking the console out.

i havnt really had an interest in modding my car, or anything. but when i saw how simple the LED mods are, i figured i might as well. lol

thanks. Chris

03JGMonte 09-01-2011 08:48 AM

Bbengineering does the interior lights, its kkinda dificult to do it yourself unless ur good at soldering

U can remove the top of the console off theres one screw in the front under the dash & the rest of it is snapped in it just pops off

Led mods are always a good choice i think

ChibiBlackSheep 09-01-2011 09:11 AM

They are "unserviceable" lights according to GM. Which means the small bulbs are soldered to the board.

You will need to crack everything open, hit the solder points with a soldering gun, and that will loosen them, then you drop the LED in and let it cool.

Not the easiest DIY job, but definitely doable.

mstrmysterious63 09-01-2011 03:01 PM

iv been reading DIY's and How To's. there needs to be a "car modding for dummies" :rotfl:

ChibiBlackSheep 09-01-2011 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by mstrmysterious63 (Post 358020)
There needs to be a "car modding for dummies" :rotfl:

There is. It's called paying someone else :thumbsup:

PUNK LIFE 09-02-2011 11:11 AM

Not the easiest process but you can find some pics on here of the results, and they look flat out AWESOME.

2004_montecarlo_supercharged 09-06-2011 08:54 PM

one of my friend did those stuff that u want to do... go to youtube and his username is red04montels check his video out and ask him how to do it.. he will reply back...

red04montels 09-06-2011 09:29 PM

i did them through bbengineer, just got radio controls yesterday.

my00monte 09-16-2011 04:01 PM

I got a quote from BBE about doing all my door buttons, steering wheel buttons, lights switches, trac button, and hvac and they said to put red led's in all of those things would be about $200. I think that's really cheap for what they look like. Member Silverbullitt has everything in blue, and it looks fantastic!

2001silverSS 04-06-2014 02:20 PM

where can I get a MCF decal?