Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

I-pod jack ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 06:43 PM
Default I-pod jack ?

Hey, after pricing out harnesses and decks and all the rest of the great stuff to put an aftermarket deck in my 03 ss, I decided to just buy an I-pod or something to listen to my tunes. (The CD player wont work on the stock unit)
There is no visible jack on the face of the stock unit, where do I plug the I-pod in? Also, is there a special adapter I need? I have the triangle antenna on the roof, does that mean I'm XM ready?
I know- dang newbie
Thanks.

Old 01-28-2008, 07:51 PM
Default RE: I-pod jack ?

idk if this will help, but i found this

http://www.pfyc.com/pc/GN8004/MCINT/...Interface.html

Old 01-28-2008, 10:00 PM

Look on crutchfield.com and select outfit my car. Theres a thing called a GM interface kit it plugs into the rear of the stock unit and allows ipod to be connected. It goes on there for $149. never used it but plan on getting one.

Old 01-29-2008, 08:48 PM

make it real easy on your self go to the local stereo shop and get a cheap C.D. palyer and put it in for get the door chimes they are over rated anyway LOL

But honestly. you can get what they call a F.M. transmiter from Wally world.
I will tell you this is not a great idea becuse they have static in them and if your like i am it will drive ya nuts.

But you can also get a in line ant. connector all they do is pulg in line with the Ant. and then it has a head phones jack on the other end you simply plug them in to what ever you have with a headphones jack on them tha tya want.

but if my cd. player was not workign i would sepnd the csah on the interface for the stereo and get me either a cheap deck or a nicer one. and know i have this and pre ous. then it is a matter of hookign it up per thier destructions.

not to bad of a deal and you also have a new toy and also a C.D. player that works

Old 01-29-2008, 10:27 PM

Back and forth.. back and forth.
From what I gather, to hook up the I-Pod is gonna run me somewheres around $200 (I dont own an I-pod)
Heres a good Question for ya...
Im keeping my Monte nice, clean and everything working. Because I want to trade it in on either a supercharged or V8 model in 3 years. If you test drive a used vehicle that has a "southern-engineered" stereo and half of the options dont function.. ya might be apt to pay less. I could just keep it looking stock and tell the dealer that everything works "as far as I know". But I still have to drive it for another 3 years.

Old 01-29-2008, 11:59 PM

Thanks for looking that up. Gives me an Idea of where to go from here.