Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Cd theftloc problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 01:49 AM
Default Cd theftloc problem

I just bought a 1995 Monte Carlo, Its great, only problem is I can't listen to any driving tunes, the stereo is locked, and I didn't get the code to unlock it, Is there any way to bypass this or reset it somehow? Its pretty quiet.....and i can't sing, Its just a factoryCd stereo, well actually the guy I bought the car off of told me a number that he thought it was, after I punch the number in what do I have to hit to enter the code? Thanks in advance!!!

Old 02-14-2007, 03:39 AM
Default RE: Cd theftloc problem

I found this list of steps when poking around, hopefully it will help.

[ul][*]Press & hold the 2 & 3 buttons @ the same time for about 10 seconds; a 2 or 3 digit code will appear, write this # down[*]Press & hold the am/fm button for about 10 seconds: another code will appear, write this # down[*]Then call 1-800-537-5140 and enter 202108 followed by the # key, then enter the #'s that you wrote down from your radio followed by the * key[*]The call will give you a 3 or 4 digit override code. Write this code # down so you have it if you ever need it again[*]Enter this # into your radio following the instructions in your owners manual. If you get an override code that starts with 0, you drop the 0 when entering the code into your radio. [/ul] If you don't have an owners manual, try this:
[ul][*]Press & hold the hour button until the first 2 digits of your code come up[*]Then press & hold the minute button until the last 2 digits show[*]Then press the am/fm button. This should reset your stereo.[/ul]I also heard that there may be a small white tag in your glove compartment containing the proper code. Hope at least some of this helps.