Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/interior-audio-visual-electronics-11/)
-   -   How may I hotwire my 2002 monte carlo ss (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/interior-audio-visual-electronics-11/how-may-i-hotwire-my-2002-monte-carlo-ss-23438/)

kody02ss 09-20-2010 12:22 AM

How may I hotwire my 2002 monte carlo ss

Hi i have a 2002 monte carlo ss and i just bought the car 2 days ago and i left my keys in the ignition to go into the house foe a min and it was running well i come out my car is off and my keys were gone it was bouth keys on the ring cuz i just bought it and i have no keys and i dont know it it is hotwireable beacause the ignition is not in my stering collom PLEASE HELP I WILL GET IT FIXED I JUST HALF TO TAKE IT TO THE DEALER TO HAVE IT FIXED BEACAUSE THEY DONT DO HOME CALLS ANY HELP WILL BE HELPFULL:confused::confused::confused:

Space 09-20-2010 05:11 AM

Hi Kody, and Welcome to the Monte Carlo Family and how to Hot Wire your car (?) Below are some resources to check `out...Hope it helps you steal your car :eek::confused: Good Luck
Videos for how to hotwire a car

How To Hot-Wire a Car
2 min - Mar 11, 2010
Uploaded by Howcast
youtube.com

How To Hot-Wire a Car
2 min - Feb 15, 2010
howcast.com
How to Hotwire a Car - wikiHow

When reviewing this article, we noticed that this title appears very similar to "How to Hot Wire a Car", which we call a duplicate. ...
www.wikihow.com/Hotwire-a-Car - Cached - Similar
How to Hot-Wire a Car | eHow.com

How to Hot-Wire a Car. Hot-wiring a car is generally done as an illegal activity. However, there are times when there is a legitimate need to start your ...
www.ehow.com › CarsAuto RepairCar Starters - Cached - Similar

labnjab 09-20-2010 06:07 AM

Unfortunantly the factory antitheft is going to prevent you from hot wiring the car but there is one thing you can do. Just go to the dealer with you vin (some require proof of ownership as well) and order an ignition lock cylinder which should come with a new key. Its not to difficult to install. The only downside is it won't work with you door locks but it will get you going.

eviling 09-20-2010 09:04 AM

you're best choice is to just get it rekeyed than hot wiring it, you could damage the computer playing down there and theres a grand easy.

The_Maniac 09-20-2010 09:59 AM

It would be worth re-keying the doors/trunk and ignition, as now someone has complete access to your car. Does your Monte have Keyless entry? Did they get the fobs too? May want to switch that on it.....
Sorry about your situation.

labnjab 09-20-2010 11:54 AM

In the meantime I would disable the car so the person that took your keys can't come back and take it. I would remove the battery and also pull out the fuel pump relay (incase the bring a battery)

03SS/00GSE/93LX 09-20-2010 12:32 PM

^Great advice all around from labnjab.