Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

6th Gen ('00-'05): Highbeam out message box

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 07:05 PM
Monte Of The Month -- October 2014
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

BUMP i took out the bulbs both high and low on both sides and i switched them around, having the same problem. What could be the next step to fix this

Old 08-24-2013, 11:25 AM
dc1
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by owens91
BUMP i took out the bulbs both high and low on both sides and i switched them around, having the same problem. What could be the next step to fix this
Check your relays (if you know your horn relay is good, try switching them around before buying new relays). Then, check your multi-function switch (turn signal stalk) - do your low-beams shut off? Do they get brighter?

Old 09-19-2013, 10:17 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by dc1
Check your relays (if you know your horn relay is good, try switching them around before buying new relays). Then, check your multi-function switch (turn signal stalk) - do your low-beams shut off? Do they get brighter?

well the low beams never shut off, they are on in the day and night they seem brighter at night, i just wanna fix this because i miss using my fog lights

Old 09-20-2013, 10:34 AM
dc1
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by owens91
well the low beams never shut off, they are on in the day and night they seem brighter at night, i just wanna fix this because i miss using my fog lights
Step 1: Cover your ambient light sensor on the dash with some cardboard, electrical tape, or anything that will prevent the DRL module from activating. The sensor is on the driver side next to the vent, it is a translucent dome. To make sure the DRL module is inactive, start the car with the parking brake released. If your dash lights come on, you're set.
Leave the headlamp switch in the AUTO (full in) position.

Step 2: Pull the high-beam stalk (multi-function switch) back partially for flash-to-pass. Do either of the beams shut off or change brightness? Now, pull the lever back fully to trigger high-beam mode. Do either beams shut off or change brightness?

Step 3: Pull the headlamp switch back one position to activate the parking lamps. do either or both beams shut off or change brightness? Repeat step two after recording results.

Here's a crude matrix showing how your lamps should NORMALLY operate 2eacb1c47d5c5f0ce04125b8f83e5a22.png

Repeat

Old 09-26-2013, 06:28 PM
Default High beam message

I have a 2003 Monte Carlo my problem is that the High beam out message keeps appearing on my message screen. All my lights work except for my fog lights. If I turn the fog lights on I have no turn signals, and if I turn the fog lights off I have turn signals the only thing is that my turn signals work fast. Somebody please tell me you know what the problem is?

Old 09-27-2013, 09:09 AM
dc1
1 Year Member

Originally Posted by Monte Carlo Lover
I have a 2003 Monte Carlo my problem is that the High beam out message keeps appearing on my message screen. All my lights work except for my fog lights. If I turn the fog lights on I have no turn signals, and if I turn the fog lights off I have turn signals the only thing is that my turn signals work fast. Somebody please tell me you know what the problem is?
Sounds like you've a short.. possibly in your turn signal lever (Multi Function Switch) as well.

Old 09-27-2013, 03:56 PM

Do you happen to know how I would check that and go about fixing it if I do have a short?

Last edited by Monte Carlo Lover; 09-27-2013 at 03:57 PM. Reason: wrong
Old 09-27-2013, 03:58 PM

Do you happen to know how to check it and if it does have a short how to fix it? Would it be a big thing to fix like take a long time or what?

Old 09-27-2013, 04:15 PM
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by Monte Carlo Lover
Do you happen to know how to check it and if it does have a short how to fix it? Would it be a big thing to fix like take a long time or what?
most of the time u gotta get a wire tester (dont know the right name but basically u poke wires with a prong and if the light goes u got power if not then no power....it would take a loooooong while but it would eventually narrow down where the short is

Old 09-29-2013, 06:54 PM

We took the ground wire that leads from the headlight to the car took that off and a wire came off after that all the lights worked thanks for your help

Quick Reply: 6th Gen ('00-'05): Highbeam out message box