Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/interior-audio-visual-electronics-11/)
-   -   Help-Speakers are Dead (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/interior-audio-visual-electronics-11/help-speakers-dead-25982/)

GrandPaDave 02-10-2011 11:29 AM

Help-Speakers are Dead

Hi gang,

Got up this morning and started the .06 and my speakers are dead. Radio works, but no volume, chimes, etc.

They were working last night before I parked it for the night.

Any ideas?

I didn't See any fuses for speakers or chimes.

TIA,
GrandPaDave

red04montels 02-10-2011 12:00 PM

check all the fuses that have anything to do with a radio...one may be blown, also, do you have an amp? check the connections theres

Space 02-10-2011 12:06 PM

:rolleyes: Hi Grandpa `Dave,
I confess, I flew out last night to LA & disconnected your speakers so that you would return to your Monte Carlo Family for HELP....

Sure hope you & my net neice Mia `Joy/Family are doing well.

I hope one of our member's can help you...
Great to see U online...
Good Luck from `Space

GrandPaDave 02-10-2011 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by trewyn15 (Post 295225)
check all the fuses that have anything to do with a radio...one may be blown, also, do you have an amp? check the connections theres

I'll do that and check back. Thanks.

GrandPaDave 02-10-2011 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by KidSpace (Post 295230)
:rolleyes: Hi Grandpa `Dave,
I confess, I flew out last night to LA & disconnected your speakers so that you would return to your Monte Carlo Family for HELP....

Sure hope you & my net neice Mia `Joy/Family are doing well.

I hope one of our member's can help you...
Great to see U online...
Good Luck from `Space

As for you Unkie, gonna get Mia Joy on video for y'all soon.....and keep that alien ray gun away from my stereo.;)

GrandPaDave 02-10-2011 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by trewyn15 (Post 295225)

Got it!!!

First I checked the plugs on the amp, a bit loose from being bumped a lot by cargo, but nothing yet.

Secondly, I pulled and checked the amp fuse. Cleaned it and put it back in, no go.

Thirdly, I pulled, checked and cleaned the BCM fuse and reseated it, no luck.

Finally I pulled the radio amp. I saved it for last because all the radio functions were working, but no sound or chimes.

I cleaned and reseated the radio fuse and the darn thing came back to life.

My best guess is that the radio or bcm..or both went into some kind of reset mode.

Cheers,
GPD

red04montels 02-10-2011 07:09 PM

glad you figured the problem out!

Taz 02-10-2011 08:12 PM

Hey Dave!

Great to see ya again! Glad you got it fixed man. Hope you and Mia Joy are doing well.

Space 02-11-2011 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by SolaraSlayer (Post 295239)
As for you Unkie, gonna get Mia Joy on video for y'all soon.....and keep that alien ray gun away from my stereo.;)

:rolleyes:
Hi Grandpa `Dave, :rolleyes: LOL :rolleyes:
Glad you got your sounds system kick'in : )
We hope we see you visiting your Monte Family more 4-Sure.
How's life in L.A. ? Look forward to your next post(s).
Wish you & yours a Happy, GOod Life 4-Sure...
Peace/Out

GrandPaDave 02-11-2011 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Taz (Post 295427)
Hey Dave!

Great to see ya again! Glad you got it fixed man. Hope you and Mia Joy are doing well.

Thanks Lou...good to hear from you. Yeah, glad I got my tunes back too. Listening to my own thought during my commute is excruciating.

Sorry I don't check in much. Business has been very slow and we've been pumpin' real hard to generate finances during the last 18 months.

Maybe I'll be able to hang out more. Seems like most of the action is the morning anyways. That is when I am the busiest these day.

TTYL
Dave