Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/interior-audio-visual-electronics-11/)
-   -   HELP!! Crazy Stereo and Sound (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/interior-audio-visual-electronics-11/help-crazy-stereo-sound-29502/)

klon99 07-12-2011 02:41 PM

HELP!! Crazy Stereo and Sound

Hey Guys,

I live in Florida.I have a 2006 Monte Carlo LT. I have the factory installed AM/FM CD player installed with XM. Now my issue and im sure you will say its crazy.

In the morning I start up the car leave for work. I turn on the stereo and I get normal volume out of the 2 back speakers. The 2 front speakers are very muted. It's like this the whole 35 min trip.

I leave for the day and turn on the radio and now the crazy part happens. Sometimes all 4 speakers are working fine. Most of the time 3 out of the 4 speakers are working.

I am thinking the speakers are fine since they do work from time to time. I took out the radio and checked the connections to the back of the radio. Everything seemed solid.

So I need advice. I was going to replace the factory unit with another factory unit. Should I do this or what you would recommend.

Thank you in advance.

J

Milhouse 07-13-2011 12:40 PM

I'd recommend an aftermarket deck

klon99 07-13-2011 12:43 PM

What would you recommend?

klon99 07-13-2011 12:46 PM

Sorry new to the board what would recommend?

Milhouse 07-13-2011 01:18 PM

That depends on what you want/need from your head unit

klon99 07-13-2011 01:19 PM

Basically as long as i cant get my XM satellite radio and a cd player in it I really dont care. Long drive to work. Love my satellite radio. It sucks that it only plays in some speakers though

Milhouse 07-15-2011 08:23 PM

Well, sounds like your needs are minimal and many different decks out there can accommodate you. Personally, i'm partial to Alpine decks. I don't like decks that look cheesy or just outright cheap and in my opinion Alpine decks have that perfect balance of classic yet current aesthetics. But we're all different so my suggestion would be to hit up your local car audio shop or store, see what they have and just ask the salesperson if it's XM ready and pick the one that looks best to you and fits your budget.

Boxman420 07-15-2011 09:09 PM

alpine has great decks. i have one and a few of my friends do as well and they love them. depending on where you live in florida, i know a few really nice audio places around here. but best buy also has a nice selection for what your looking for.

red04montels 07-15-2011 09:13 PM

also try to look at kenwood, some pioneer decks are decent priced and have those features that you want

Milhouse 07-16-2011 11:24 AM

and Clarion, JVC, Sony, Panasonic, etc. XM is pretty common nowadays so there should be no shortage of choices for you, you just gotta find the one that looks the best to you and fits your budget.

Is there any chance at all that you would add an amp or two later on down the road? If no, get whatever.If yes, make sure you get a deck with at least 2 sets of preouts, 3 would be even better cause you'd have a dedicated sub preout. Do you have a need now or might there be a chance that you'd need to connect an ipod or other mp3 player? If so, you're gonna want a deck with an aux input and/or ipod control, both would be nice as you'd have more flexibility....not locked in to one or the other. Just a few things to think about before you make a purchase.