Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

help!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 02:01 PM
Default help!!!!!!

so ive called every dealership i can think of along with every auto parts store in town. if someone knows how to change the way the lights flash and what the horn does when i lock/unlock my 2005 monte carlo ls, please tell me!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-01-2009, 02:31 PM

Yeah if you have the stock radio installed all you have to do is turn it off and hold the bottom button or Top button I don't remember (Big round one) down and you should bring up the menu for settings and such. I don't remember what one it is in there but its in there. I am trying to give you a quick answer but I don't have my stock radio in anymore so I can't remember but I know you do it with the stock radio. Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any trouble I will pull my stock radio out and look at it.

PS-Wow that the car dealerships or a oil change place doesnt know cause thats how they reset the oil and tire pressure.

Last edited by Pure2sin; 08-01-2009 at 02:34 PM.
Old 08-01-2009, 02:59 PM

i dont have a stock radio anymore either........any ideas??re

Old 08-01-2009, 03:04 PM

Here it is I went and looked for it:

1. Turn the ignition to ACC or ON, and the radio OFF.

2. To enter main menu, press and hold the DISP button for approximately 10 seconds.

3. Scroll using SEEK or UP and DOWN arrows.

4. You should see FOB LIGHT and FOB HORN and be able to makes changes from there.

HOPE THE WORKS!

Old 08-01-2009, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by shingding88
i dont have a stock radio anymore either........any ideas??re
Sorry to say I ran into this problem with mine also when I got new FOBs. The only way I know to fix this is to hook the radio back up to the car and change the settings and put the other radio back in. The only things I know you can change while having the stock radio out is the OIL and TIRE PRESSURE on with the breaks and the other with the headlight ****. So you might be stuck with putting the stock radio back in.

Old 08-01-2009, 03:18 PM

well at least i know what direction to head in. thanks for the help

Old 08-01-2009, 05:14 PM

there are harnesses out there that will locate a radio pug in in the trunk for this purpose, also. (dont have to leave the radio in, just plug it in when needed)

i think the harness runs about $100

Old 08-01-2009, 08:38 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

The radio relocation harness should only cost about $35. I have one, and so do others, for the reason you are dealing with. I did in my previous Monte Carlo, also.

Old 08-02-2009, 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by RocknSS04
The radio relocation harness should only cost about $35. I have one, and so do others, for the reason you are dealing with. I did in my previous Monte Carlo, also.

Thats good to hear. I hadnt had to look one up, but i coulda swore some of the guys over at NAIOA were talking in the $100 range for the trunk mounted harness- at this point I dont need one, but if I do replace the stock unit, I was just going to order the connectors and wire up a short one myself, since the connectors and pins are readily available for purchase. (would just make it long enough to plug the radio in on the passenger floor or something, no need to go to the trunk) but at $35, it may not be worth my time.... though the connectors and pins would only be about 10 bucks, the wire would be the majority of it.

Old 02-22-2011, 12:10 PM
Monte Of The Month -- September 2010
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

bump, i know this is an old thread but i found it interesting.

my horn currently doesnt honk when i'm locking my car but i would like it to, is there a way to make it so it honks when i lock it without the stock deck?

Quick Reply: help!!!!!!