Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/interior-audio-visual-electronics-11/)
-   -   GM OE Floor Mats (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/interior-audio-visual-electronics-11/gm-oe-floor-mats-31576/)

03SSLE 10-16-2011 02:39 PM

GM OE Floor Mats

It finally dried out enough outside for me to install my floor mats. They're nothing special or out of the ordinary. They are the mats that are available through GM that were an option for the car. My RPO codes show the car originally came with a set, but they weren't in it when I purchased car. Anyways, here's pictures of both front mats and one of the rear mats.

red04montels 10-16-2011 02:55 PM

those look nice!

PacerSS 10-16-2011 02:56 PM

How much did they run you?

zjerry 10-16-2011 03:06 PM

Looks Nice..

03SSLE 10-16-2011 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by PacerSS (Post 373464)
How much did they run you?

I got them through GMParts Direct. They cost $79.29 shipped. The local dealer wanted $95 + tax for the exact same set. I ordered them on the 3rd and received them on the 14th. They were a special order so it took an extra week to get them, but I wasn't in a hurry so it was no bother to me. ;)

PacerSS 10-16-2011 03:51 PM

GMPD always takes forever to ship. That's not really an extra week that's generally how long it takes if not longer for parts to ship from them. I remember I got the handling kit from them and it took 22 days.

03SSLE 10-16-2011 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by PacerSS (Post 373476)
GMPD always takes forever to ship. That's not really an extra week that's generally how long it takes if not longer for parts to ship from them. I remember I got the handling kit from them and it took 22 days.

I've placed a couple other orders through them prior to this one and had the items within a week of ordering them. They told me up front it was a special order because they didn't stock it and would take about a week for them to get before they would ship to me. I got the shipping notification on the 10th and received them on the 14th. The local dealership told me it would take them 7-10 days to get because they didn't stock them either. I think how long it takes them to ship depends on whether it's an item they have on the shelf ready to ship or if they have to order it. I didn't mind waiting the extra days to get them considering I saved about $25 over what I would have paid through the local dealer. ;)

The_Maniac 10-16-2011 05:21 PM

The mats look good. Now the trick is keeping the embroidery clean.... I love the look though. My SS has stock GM mats (fit is great, can't ask for better fitment), but no embroidery on mine....

oneslowmonte 10-16-2011 05:30 PM

These look great!

01 Monte SS 10-16-2011 06:09 PM

Those look great! Were the rear mats included for the $79.29?

03SSLE 10-16-2011 07:29 PM

Thanks everyone...I like the way they feel under my feet and how they added a little more gray contrast to the interior.

Originally Posted by The_Maniac (Post 373485)
The mats look good. Now the trick is keeping the embroidery clean.... I love the look though. My SS has stock GM mats (fit is great, can't ask for better fitment), but no embroidery on mine....

LOL...I know what you mean. I was almost afraid to get in the car after I put them in. The embroidery is further back than where my feet are though so hopefully keeping it clean won't be too big of a choir. I'm thinking I might give them a shot of scotchguard to help prevent them from getting soiled. The fitment is great. They conform to the shape of the floorboards perfectly. :thumbsup:

Originally Posted by 01 Monte SS (Post 373497)
Those look great! Were the rear mats included for the $79.29?

Yep, the rear mats are included in the price. :)

Now I just need to find a set of embroidered headrests with either a gray bowtie or SS logo. :cool:

BigPana 10-16-2011 11:12 PM

Those look damn good ! :thumbsup:

03SSLE 10-17-2011 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by BigPana (Post 373573)
Those look damn good ! :thumbsup:

Thanks! :)

LW57912 10-17-2011 06:46 AM

What are the part numbers for those? They look great!

03SSLE 10-17-2011 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by LW57912 (Post 373613)
What are the part numbers for those? They look great!

Thanks! :) The part number for the ebony with gray embroidery mats is 12495351. I don't know if they make other colors or not. These were the first ones I found during my search and were the color I was looking for so I didn't look any further. ;)

LW57912 10-18-2011 06:28 AM

Awesome! Thanks. Might look into a set myself at some point. I have the rubber ones GM made that are similar to that, but really like those

03SSLE 10-18-2011 07:10 AM

No problem! :thumbsup:

lougreen03 10-18-2011 07:49 AM

Nice! Someday I want a set of those. The only ones I've seen are alot more then that.

ChibiBlackSheep 10-18-2011 08:05 AM

I just sent a message to ZSpot on the NAIOA to see if he can beat that $80 shipped price and if they came in any other colors.

I'll let you guys know :)

03SSLE 10-18-2011 11:49 AM

Thanks again everyone. :)

Originally Posted by lougreen03 (Post 373911)
Nice! Someday I want a set of those. The only ones I've seen are alot more then that.

I was looking at the Lloyd's mats, but they were $150+ so I decided to go with the OE mats instead at about half the price. The quality is good and they fit the floorboards perfectly. :thumbsup:

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep (Post 373914)
I just sent a message to ZSpot on the NAIOA to see if he can beat that $80 shipped price and if they came in any other colors.

I'll let you guys know :)

I remember you mentioning ZSpot in another thread, and how he could get good pricing on parts. I thought about it, but didn't want to impose upon him. Joining the forum just so I could contact him in order to get a discount just didn't feel right to me. If I had something to contribute to the forum maybe I would feel differently, but that's just me. ;)

ChibiBlackSheep 10-18-2011 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by 03SSLE (Post 373955)
I remember you mentioning ZSpot in another thread, and how he could get good pricing on parts. I thought about it, but didn't want to impose upon him. Joining the forum just so I could contact him in order to get a discount just didn't feel right to me. If I had something to contribute to the forum maybe I would feel differently, but that's just me. ;)

He still does a markup, just not as large as dealerships lol

So it isn't using a person, it's giving him business :thumbsup:

03JGMonte 10-18-2011 05:33 PM

Those look good i needa find a set of gordon ones & ehh i use my local dealer for my parts got an account & everything is wat they pay helps wen ur friends with the owner ;)

AwesomeSS 10-18-2011 08:48 PM

They look great - not a bad price either! I've tried lloyd mats and was never able to find the right color to match the ebony carpet.

03SSLE 10-19-2011 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep (Post 373956)
He still does a markup, just not as large as dealerships lol

So it isn't using a person, it's giving him business :thumbsup:

Oh, okay. I thought he was just getting a really good discount through a dealership or something and passing the savings along. If he's making a modest profit that's a different story. :)

Originally Posted by 03JGMonte (Post 373996)
Those look good i needa find a set of gordon ones & ehh i use my local dealer for my parts got an account & everything is wat they pay helps wen ur friends with the owner ;)

Thanks! I'll keep my eyes open for a set of JG mats and let you know if I come across any. :)

Originally Posted by AwesomeSS (Post 374038)
They look great - not a bad price either! I've tried lloyd mats and was never able to find the right color to match the ebony carpet.

Thanks Amy! It may not look like it in the pics, but the color of the mats is a perfect match to the carpet. :thumbsup:

ChibiBlackSheep 10-19-2011 09:44 AM

Here's my reply from Matt (ZSpot):

Floor mats are getting harder to come by lately. Most are discontinued now.

Black is the only color still available with the embroidery on them. And unsure how many are left at the warehouse.

Best I can do on these are $87 shipped.

Thanks for the support.
~Matt

As you can see, GM basically discontinued the product. I also see that he comes out to be a few bucks more, but he's a great guy and the turnaround would probably be faster from him, and he'll let you know every step of the way :)

Franks 03SS 10-19-2011 10:24 AM

those look great man, i wish i could get some done with just the SS logo in red:cool:

Enzo354 10-19-2011 11:31 AM

Those look great! I didn't know GM made anything cool like that lol ;)

This or lsx floor mats to match my headrests, decisions decisions.

03SSLE 10-19-2011 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by 03limitedss (Post 374157)
those look great man, i wish i could get some done with just the SS logo in red:cool:

Thanks Frank! :) I haven't seen any with just the SS logo, but Lloyd makes a set in black with 'Monte Carlo' in white with a red 'SS' that match the badges on the quarter panels and trunk. As Amy mentioned though they don't match the color of the carpet. They're also $150+.

Originally Posted by Enzo354 (Post 374167)
Those look great! I didn't know GM made anything cool like that lol ;)

This or lsx floor mats to match my headrests, decisions decisions.

I think the mats that match the head rests would look good. I'm trying to find a pair of head rests with either a bowtie or SS logo in gray to color match the rest of the interior. If I can't find any I'll probably have mine embroidered, but it would be nice to find a pair already done. ;)

AwesomeSS 10-19-2011 01:47 PM

I just picked me up a set - they will look great in Precious at car shows. I have another brand new plain set that I got when I bought my 05 and I'll use that set to drive to the shows with. No feet are going to touch the new embroider ones LOL!!!!! My original 03 mat are going in the 05 and I will probably trade them in with the car.

Blown and Injected SS 10-19-2011 05:33 PM

I'm looking for rubber floor mats that would match ebony carpeting for my '04 for the winter that aren't too pricey. What are all of your suggestions?

MJClemm 10-24-2011 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by PacerSS (Post 373476)

Love the floor mats, I think I'm gonna get some of them, would look ice in my black monte.... How every... Dude, that hood you have is WICKED, MAN I hope you decide you hate it and want to sell it to me real cheap, you know, and then, I'll like buy you those Matt's ! Lol Nice job... Mjc...

Jester_20 10-24-2011 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by 03SSLE (Post 373955)
I was looking at the Lloyd's mats, but they were $150+

My thoughts exactly, until I found 2 fronts, 2 rears, and a trunk mat on craigslist for $30 total. Probably my proudest craigslist find thus far.

03SSLE 10-25-2011 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by Jester_20 (Post 375676)
My thoughts exactly, until I found 2 fronts, 2 rears, and a trunk mat on craigslist for $30 total. Probably my proudest craigslist find thus far.

WOW...That's an excellent deal! They must not have known the value of what they had or were really hurting for cash. There's no way I'd sell $300 worth of mats for 10% of the original value. Great Score! :thumbsup:

Jester_20 10-25-2011 08:57 AM

actually, he knew exactly what he had. He custom ordered them and had monte carlo embroidered on the fronts with a big ol' gold bowtie and put LT on the back mats and had them outlined in silver vinyl. Pretty sharp set of mats, all I had to do was get me some different rear mats and i was golden. If i had to guess . . . they were just too personalized and once he sold his car, he didn't have much use for em anymore.

I didn't realize i didn't have any pictures of them on here . . . . i'll have to work on that. . . .

04chevyboy 10-26-2011 08:43 PM

Those look good with black carpet,too bad i have tan lol

Thrillseeker 10-27-2011 05:54 AM

Nice mats. I'd Scotch Guard them. If you bought the car from a dealer they probably disposed of the original mats. Dirty mats make it harder to sell a used car so dealers are notorious for tossing them when a trade in or auction car comes in.

03SSLE 10-27-2011 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by Thrillseeker (Post 376558)
Nice mats. I'd Scotch Guard them.

Thanks! :) After taking a couple pics I decided to scotchguard them so I pulled them out and went to the store and bought a can. They've been in the car for about 1 1/2 weeks now and even with the rain we've been having they still look like new after a quick run over them with the vacuum. I hope they continue to hold up. :thumbsup:

AwesomeSS 10-27-2011 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Thrillseeker (Post 376558)
Nice mats. I'd Scotch Guard them. If you bought the car from a dealer they probably disposed of the original mats. Dirty mats make it harder to sell a used car so dealers are notorious for tossing them when a trade in or auction car comes in.

I guess that's why I got a brand new set of OEM floor mats when I bought my 05 used - it was an auction car and the original floor mats were probably trashed.