Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/interior-audio-visual-electronics-11/)
-   -   Floor mats (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/interior-audio-visual-electronics-11/floor-mats-31552/)

shoerner 10-14-2011 06:34 PM

Floor mats

Hey everyone,

With the prospect of snow coming quickly to New York, I have decided it is time to buy some car mats for my 2001 Monte. Only problem is that I am not able to determine if one matches what I am looking for.

Basically I want a mat that will do its best to cover most of the floor including going up the sides to the door - I have seen what happens on cars like this that don't cover it, they get covered in salt and frankly I don't want to see that happen to my Monte. Right now I am looking at these: Catch All Floor Mats | Catch All Car Mats | 1,000 + Reviews

I was wondering if anyone has tried them yet or would have any suggestions as to one that works particularly good.

Ricks 2006 SS 10-14-2011 07:40 PM

floor mats.

They look like they would do the job. I bought a trunk mat for the Monte & its was well worth it. Even thou nothing goes back there. I had a cooler in there once this summer it never moved. Not sure of the Co I bought mine from but the mat is beautiful. I'd check around or google floor mats. See what else is out there.

03SSLE 10-14-2011 07:53 PM

For the type of mats you want I'd give WeatherTech a look:

WeatherTech - All-Weather Car Floor Mats by WeatherTech - traps water, road salt, mud and sand

I had a set of their mats in my Blazer and they worked excellent at keeping everything on the mat and off the carpet. Pull 'em out, hose 'em off, dry 'em and put 'em back in and you're good to go again. :thumbsup:

xxtheshockerxx 10-14-2011 09:34 PM

Husky liners are good too. they will keep the snow off the carpet. i try to buy them for all my cars

shoerner 10-14-2011 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by 03SSLE (Post 373005)
For the type of mats you want I'd give WeatherTech a look:

WeatherTech - All-Weather Car Floor Mats by WeatherTech - traps water, road salt, mud and sand

I had a set of their mats in my Blazer and they worked excellent at keeping everything on the mat and off the carpet. Pull 'em out, hose 'em off, dry 'em and put 'em back in and you're good to go again. :thumbsup:

WeatherTech was actually the place where I checked first. Unfortunately, they kinda skimped out for the sedans/coupes in that their mats are basically just one step above what I could go out to Walmart (AutoZone, your pick) today and get. They offer none of the coverage that I was hopping would be there from the SUV types.

red04montels 10-15-2011 01:00 AM

I have the weather tech floor mats and love them, they work amazingly

Habbibie 10-15-2011 11:40 PM

i have the weather tech floor liners for my 03 Monte, dunno why they don't make/sell them any more i got them 4 years ago. they still look pretty new and they're great for winter use here in Chicago, tho it was $150 just for the fronts but they're an exact match.

Ricks 2006 SS 10-16-2011 03:53 AM

YUP! Thats where I bought my trunk mar from is WEATHER TECH. i LITTLE EXPENSIVE. But fit great and looks good. I also use that one in my wifes car. Doesn't fit perfect in her car. Too wide. But it does the job I want it to. Thats all that matters. ! Right?

KJRich 10-16-2011 09:05 AM

I would have recommended WeatherTech also, but I'm pretty happy with the heavy rubber Michelin mats I bought at Wal-Mart. They were the most expensive ones they had. I don't drive my car all that much in bad weather and not at all in the winter, so I didn't pay extra for the WeatherTech ones.

baja216 10-16-2011 09:29 AM

Another Weather Tech user here. I use my car all year round and they did what I was expecting them to do.