Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

radio help

Old 09-28-2007, 08:47 PM
Default radio help

hi ive got a 2004 monte with the 3.4, i just bought an aftermarket cd player, and i was wondering where u guys are running your red accessory wire from, also i blew my radio fuse which is not located by the fuse panel by the door is it? i couldnt find it, and i have the premium sound system so i have the amplifier bs, do i have to unhook any of that to install my aftermarket radio? thx appreciate any info

Old 09-29-2007, 07:58 AM
Default RE: radio help

Hello...From what i have lewarned from install shops,you will need an adaptorit intergrate your aftermarket radio with your system. Plus if you want to retail the steering wheel controls,you will need another adaptor. The adaptor for the radio has the red hot wire,also a trigger wire for an amp. I have an '05 lt and what i have done was to replace the factory speakers with Infinity Kappas. The factory speakers are of a 2 ohm load and so are the Infinity Kappas. Our cars take 6x9's in the back and 6.5 components in the doors. I used the 692.7i for the rear and the 60.7cs components for the front doors. I also have the factory preminum sound system with the small factory amp in the back and let me tell you that the speaker upgrade made such an improvment in sound quality that I am thinking of NOT replacing my factory am/fm/cd/cass/xm radio for an aftermarket. The only other upgrade was to put in a subwoofer box and sum mono amp in the trunk. All i did was to use an LOC and tap off the rear speakers and then to my amp. The system sounds fantastic,many people that have heard it tell me that it sounds like a full blown aftermarket system! This is only a suggestion for you. But b4 i would do anything with the factory radio,i would replace the factory speakers with the Kappas. They are the best that Infinity has to offer,thus they are a little on the expensive side. I bought mine on ebay and paid about $250.00 for both pairs.