Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/interior-audio-visual-electronics-11/)
-   -   6x9 Question (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/interior-audio-visual-electronics-11/6x9-question-29388/)

MoGs LS4 07-05-2011 09:46 PM

6x9 Question

just got new infinity 6x9's for my 06 ss, but with the factory amp i noticed there is harnesses connecting the stock speakers to the amp do i need to buy special harnesses for the new speakers or can i just hard wire them to the amp?

any suggestions.......

sfritz85 07-06-2011 12:52 PM

Good Question!... I have an 02 with a factory amp under the rear deck... I too want to upgrade my 6x9's...

I will have to check for this...I only looked at the connections on the speakers. I will check and get back to you... For grins I wonder if your amp is similar to mine?

walkingonabullet 07-06-2011 06:18 PM

you should be able to hardwire them but the stock speakers are 2 ohms, those... accualy nmight be 2 ohms, i think allot of infinitys lower end stuff is 2 ohm. so if they are, you should be golden. find that out before you hard wire them up.

mcdave01 07-06-2011 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by walkingonabullet (Post 340346)
you should be able to hardwire them but the stock speakers are 2 ohms, those... accualy nmight be 2 ohms, i think allot of infinitys lower end stuff is 2 ohm. so if they are, you should be golden. find that out before you hard wire them up.

correct you can hardwire them to the speakers. also most of infinity's products are 2 ohm speakers because they have "true 4 ohm" technology. they claim that making the speaker 2 ohms that due to the factory wiring being a smaller gauge creating resistance that the actual impendence seen by an amp/head unit is closer to 4 ohms. but as far as installing those infinity's, i dont know which ones you have exactly but regardless, i would recommend matching an amp to those giving them the power (maybe a little extra :P) that they need. i have infinity kappa 6.5" coaxials in the front with jbl gto 6x9's in the back with an alpine pdx-f4 and boy it sure cranks, without sacrificing sound quality.

MoGs LS4 07-06-2011 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by mcdave01 (Post 340353)
correct you can hardwire them to the speakers. also most of infinity's products are 2 ohm speakers because they have "true 4 ohm" technology. they claim that making the speaker 2 ohms that due to the factory wiring being a smaller gauge creating resistance that the actual impendence seen by an amp/head unit is closer to 4 ohms. but as far as installing those infinity's, i dont know which ones you have exactly but regardless, i would recommend matching an amp to those giving them the power (maybe a little extra :P) that they need. i have infinity kappa 6.5" coaxials in the front with jbl gto 6x9's in the back with an alpine pdx-f4 and boy it sure cranks, without sacrificing sound quality.

i have the 693.9i speakers, i was thinking i would have to get a new amp...:mad:

anybody have any suggestions or links they can send me for amps...?