Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/interior-audio-visual-electronics-11/)
-   -   4 Channel Amplifier (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/interior-audio-visual-electronics-11/4-channel-amplifier-31992/)

tdunbar5 11-07-2011 09:12 AM

4 Channel Amplifier

Recently installed a Pioneer 2300DVD along with new Pioneer speakers all the way around. Front- TS-A1683R 4-Way Speakers-6.5-Inch- 50 watts RMS and Rear- TS-A6974R A-Series 6"x9" 3-Way 500 Watts- 80 watts RMS.

Next weekend the project will be hooking up a Pioneer GM-6500F 4-Channel Bridgeable Amplifier, 60 watts x 4 RMS. Just running the speakers off the factory GM booster, they are much louder and aren't distorting like the old speakers, and overall sound quality is much better.

Will there really be that big of a difference in the speakers if I hook up the amp?

Boxman420 11-07-2011 10:03 AM

oh yeah. you would be supprised at how much louder they can get when you put a amp on them. all though i didnt have the factory amp. but you should still see a nice increase!

Zeke 11-08-2011 03:10 AM

Of course it will be better than what was in there, especially now that the crossover points & filters of the factory booster/amplifier will now be much more in YOUR control via the aftermarket head unit & amplifier.

I am currently acquiring pieces & parts for my own new build this winter in my 03 SS.

I have completely outgrown the two 12's in a sealed enclosure pointed at the back of the trunk *booom* that started as a senior in high school; I am going for SQ now.

tdunbar5 11-08-2011 07:10 AM

I'm eager to get the amp hooked in and see the difference. I played around with some settings last night and got some decent bass from the speakers themselves, but noticed an annoying rattle in the rear deck. I'm hoping that If I pick up some of those new plastic push in clips that hold the deck down that will cease.

walkingonabullet 11-08-2011 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by tdunbar5 (Post 379836)
Recently installed a Pioneer 2300DVD along with new Pioneer speakers all the way around. Front- TS-A1683R 4-Way Speakers-6.5-Inch- 50 watts RMS and Rear- TS-A6974R A-Series 6"x9" 3-Way 500 Watts- 80 watts RMS.

Next weekend the project will be hooking up a Pioneer GM-6500F 4-Channel Bridgeable Amplifier, 60 watts x 4 RMS. Just running the speakers off the factory GM booster, they are much louder and aren't distorting like the old speakers, and overall sound quality is much better.

Will there really be that big of a difference in the speakers if I hook up the amp?

it's a very common misconception that adding an amp is a generic solution. but its anything but, how much the system changes completley depends on the quality of the wattage being created by said amp. that amp...not gonna be that much clean power. not gonna be the dirtiest power, but don't expect much.

keep this in mind, doubling your wattage is a 150% gain, which means for every doubling in the wattage you do, you'r only adding 3db. so if you were doing the standard 18-25 watts rms out of an after market deck, going to 60 watts will add 3 DB, the factor that matters is how clean the power is. WHAT i recommend for anyone doing a small time build that isn';t seriouse, use sound processing. the ms-8 is an amazing piece of technoligy that is designed to run fully active 2 way front stage with rears, center chanel and a sub channel, but will also intergrate into a 4 speaker stock system or even 4 after market speakers very easily, it also boosts power, i believe it has a small amp that does something like 35-40 watts to each channel. it's a little piece of art. it does auto tuning, it factors deffects in speakers, adjusts and compensates on the fly to give the best possible sound.