Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

6th Gen ('00-'05): 25% or 35%?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 07:10 PM
Location: Garfield, New Jersey. But my Home will always be The Bronx
Thumbs up

Everyone here has valid points. Even the fact that the police don't have an issued way to check your level of tint. Your back and side windows don't matter much. 5% Is great on the back window when you got some Butthead behind you with HIDs that aren't aimed properly. I suggest the same tint on the side windows as the back. On the doors you have to judge what your comfortable with. Like I said, with 20% I had a problem seeing where the curbs were on poorly lit corners. But that's me. See if you can drive or ride with some folks with different levels of tint, at night! That would be the best way to tell what's best for you!

Old 10-22-2012, 12:02 AM

Monte Of The Month -- June 2012
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by nitehawkjcb
Just keep it legal man, not worth the hassle, not to mention the PITA to get it inspected
This..

Not worth the hassle.. spoken by experience!

Old 10-22-2012, 07:10 AM
Monte Of The Month -- November 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2015
10 Year Member

Originally Posted by nitehawkjcb
Just keep it legal man, not worth the hassle, not to mention the PITA to get it inspected
You mean inspected during annual state inspections? Is window tint seriously something looked at during those? We don't have inspections in Michigan so I don't have to worry about that.

Old 10-22-2012, 11:38 PM
Monte Of The Month -- July 2012
Monte Of The Month -- August 2016
10 Year Member

i suggest 30% and not darker than that if you drive at night because it gets impossible to see anything at night. trust me i made the mistake, my monte is 5% on the back 3 windows and 20% on the front 2 windows and it was impossible to see where your backing up at night you looked before you got in the car and then once in looked for head lights and kinda just guessed a lot of the time.

as far as inspection laws, i think it is all on where you live and where you go. my monte passes no problem and the front windows on it are way darker than legal limit (back windows can be as dark as i want there is no limit by law). ive went to 3 different garages for inspection now and i asked all 3 about the tint and 2 of the 3 garages told me to show up with the front windows down and they will never know. the other garage said its not a issue at all.

Last edited by turbo monte; 10-22-2012 at 11:51 PM.
Old 10-22-2012, 11:43 PM
Monte Of The Month -- April 2012
Monte Of The Month -- December 2014
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

Originally Posted by 06mistreSS
You mean inspected during annual state inspections? Is window tint seriously something looked at during those? We don't have inspections in Michigan so I don't have to worry about that.
Unfortunately, yes.