Interior/Audio/Visual Electronics Discuss your audio/visual system and your interior here.

Replacing '04 climate control lighting on lower dashboard

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 04:21 PM
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default Replacing '04 climate control lighting on lower dashboard

I tried doing a search on this topic and came up empty. If there's already a thread on this, please point me in the right direction.

On my '04, there appears to be 3 light sources from left to right on the lower dash in the climate control section. One on the left for the fan ****, one in the center for the cold/warm air mix, and one on the right for the which climate component is desired. The light in the center is out.

Having taken apart several Laguna dashboards, I was under the impression I would find some push bulbs that sat in a soldered circuit board socket. I was told this wasn't the case by someone familiar with these cars. He said it was a module with the light built in. I have not taken the dash apart yet.

Could someone confirm this for me, and provide with the official name of the part so i can order one? Better yet, I'm hoping there's a photo on this forum or elsewhere that shows the disassembled dashboard and what this module looks like. I really hate the fact that Haynes has no manual dedicated to just my model of Monte Carlo. It's as useless as a screen door on a submarine.

Maybe I should just go to a junkyard and pull one.

Thanks in advance,
Carl

Old 02-07-2012, 05:10 PM

Its simpler I would think to just replace the entire dual climate controls.
I just posted this same exact link to another member's thread.
But you can take a look at it also.
It's an ebay item, which is a decent price for it.

2004 - 2005 CHEVY MONTE CARLO DUAL ZONE HEATER AC CLIMATE CONTROL J3 | eBay

Old 02-07-2012, 05:14 PM
Monte Of The Month -- August 2011
Monte Of The Month -- April 2014
5 Year Member

Hey great ! Sally has the same problem... for that price why dink with the light just get a new panel!

Old 02-08-2012, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Jomao_o
Its simpler I would think to just replace the entire dual climate controls.
I just posted this same exact link to another member's thread.
But you can take a look at it also.
It's an ebay item, which is a decent price for it.

2004 - 2005 CHEVY MONTE CARLO DUAL ZONE HEATER AC CLIMATE CONTROL J3 | eBay
Thank you very much. A photo is worth a thousand words. I bought the component you linked to this morning on ebay.
Carl

Old 02-08-2012, 07:06 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member
Old 02-08-2012, 08:00 PM

Monte Of The Month -- March 2013

Are the bulbs 12v. I would like to replace mine pretty soon but I think I like to do LEDs so i only have to do it once. Does anyone who has done this know if that is possible

Old 02-08-2012, 08:28 PM
THE JUDGE
Monte Of The Month -- November 2015
Monte Of The Month -- March 2012
10 Year Member

Yes they are 12v bulbs - I wouldn't know the LED equivalent though.

Old 02-14-2012, 02:47 PM

who knows where i can find amber fog bulbs for my 04 ss? or do they even exist? thought i saw a monte on sb 270 yesterday in the snowstorm.

Old 02-14-2012, 07:37 PM

how do you get the dash off to get to them? just in case i run into this problem

Old 09-03-2016, 12:56 AM
Default Dual Climate Panel LED bulbs

2004 Monte Carlo SS (Intimidator)
On the dual climate control panel, I have no light on the driver side slider.
I also have heat on the passenger side, but none on the driver side. Totally unrelated though... as I bought a used dual climate panel off E-Bay and installed it with no effect to the heat issue. But about the LED issue... after removing the dash (you can find a tutorial easily on YouTube) and then removing the dual climate control panel, I opened it up. There are three zones, not counting the little yellow lights on the small in/out air & A/C rear defog buttons. The first zone is the fan speed control and there are (2) blue bulbs on either side of the ****. In the middle is zone two which is the hot to cold sliders and there are (2) white LED on each slider (4 total white LEDs). And the third zone is the **** that controls dash, dash/floor, floor, floor/defrost and defrost areas, there are also (2) blue bulbs on either side of that ****. So that's the lighting under the dual climate panel (again, not counting the tiny yellow in/out and A/C rear defog lights). These white and blue bulbs are fixed (not plug in) and are soldered into the circuit board. I now have to find out where to get them... any help appreciated. I also thought, that even if this didn't solve my "no heat on drivers side only" issue, at least I would have a fully lighted dual climate control panel... but turns out, zones 1 and 2 lights were burnt out on the used one I bought from E-Bay so beware if you think this is a quick and easy solution if you are also looking to replace the LED's... and new panels I have seen priced over $150... so if you buy used, it's the luck of the draw.

Last edited by esquire2021; 09-03-2016 at 12:59 AM.

Quick Reply: Replacing '04 climate control lighting on lower dashboard