Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Headers/Intake/Exhaust (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-13/)
-   -   ZZP Stage 2 performance package (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-13/zzp-stage-2-performance-package-37231/)

2005ssmonte 06-21-2012 02:10 PM

ZZP Stage 2 performance package

Has anyone used the ZZP Stage 2 Performance package?
ZZPerformance - Stage 2 Performance Package #ZZ-STG2PP

Is it worth it?

ChibiBlackSheep 06-21-2012 02:14 PM

Not worth buying "packages".

Unless you were going to actually buy all of that at once and it actually saved money.

But rule of thumb is to mod first, then tune, then make sure your KR is 0 before down-sizing your pulley, then tune for the new pulley and mod if you need to for KR.

2005ssmonte 06-21-2012 03:24 PM

would the zzp system it shows in the package yield the same benefits as a wizaired?

ChibiBlackSheep 06-21-2012 03:36 PM

It's basically based off the wizaired.

Don't buy these mods because of what the "data" shows as gains. They all work together to give HP, you aren't going to see anything near what they say you will.

2005ssmonte 06-21-2012 05:59 PM

What exhaust system and CAI would you suggest Chibi?

ChibiBlackSheep 06-21-2012 06:33 PM

I suggest either the Wizaired or the Cold Air Inductions CAI.

Exhaust is whatever you want. From the cat-back does zero for performance.

Headers are a good call on your boosted engine, but a difficultISH install. You need at least a 3" downpipe on that car.

2005ssmonte 06-22-2012 11:57 PM

So if i get a 3in downpipe I would need a 3in exhaust correct? sorry for all the questions I'm not all too familiar with this car yet. My last car was the biggest mistake of my life.

ChibiBlackSheep 06-23-2012 05:20 AM

You can talk to ZZP (zzperformance.com) tell them what you have and what you are buying the downpipe for and they can hook you up with the proper fitting one.

It can start as 3" and go to 2.5 and bolt-up to your stock cat-back if you want to go that route. Just the stock downpipe is one of the most restrictive parts of your exhaust system.

Mike 00LS 06-23-2012 10:25 AM

For exhaust you have a few options. There are 2 restrictions in the system: the front exhaust manifold and the u bend/downpipe diameter.

You have 2 options to get rid of those: you can go with headers - headers have the downpipe built in, check what they list the exit size at.

Option 2 is get a Power Log, which replaces the front exhaust manifold so 3 cylinders go through that and the other 3 go through your stock rear manifold. Then you'll need a ZZP downpipe, which gets rid of the u-bend for the O2 sensor and is a true 2.5" or 3" depending on which one you buy.

Make sure when you buy a downpipe or headers try to get 304 Stainless - it costs more but it'll last forever.