Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Headers/Intake/Exhaust (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-13/)
-   -   Zzp cat back exhaust? (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-13/zzp-cat-back-exhaust-49661/)

dan1313 07-18-2014 03:54 PM

Zzp cat back exhaust?

I saw that Zzp finally made a cat back exhaust for monte s now. They offer it in a 2.5' or 3'. I have a04 dale jr with a l67 with the basic 300hp mods and was really thinking about getting the 2.5' system. Anybody have any suggestions on what to get? Also would it be an annoying loud where I can't hear my supercharger whine still? Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

ohara 07-18-2014 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by dan1313 (Post 622650)
I saw that Zzp finally made a cat back exhaust for monte s now. They offer it in a 2.5' or 3'. I have a04 dale jr with a l67 with the basic 300hp mods and was really thinking about getting the 2.5' system. Anybody have any suggestions on what to get? Also would it be an annoying loud where I can't hear my supercharger whine still? Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

I could be mistaken, but I believe for an L67 you will want the 3 inch exhaust. I can't comment on the sound of their exhaust as I don't have it but if you keep your resonator on I do believe most of the sound will be coming from the rear of the car. The main complaint people make on the forum is that the interior drone is loud at highway speeds when removing the resonator. I know the ZZP kit will probably come with a less restrictive resonator but again I can't comment as I don't have one on my car. I do have the downpipe and I highly recommend that item with the high flow cat.

Hopefully another member can comment on the drone and how loud it may be.

One thing to do is check you tube and see if anyone has posted a video with their car and the exhaust that you are interested in, there are a lot of videos on there of monte's with upgraded exhausts

Leprechaun93 07-18-2014 05:53 PM

Well i have no mufflers and just a glasspack and i can still hear my supercharger. I believe it would be best to go with the 3" system, stock exhaust is 2.5" into 2.25" Drone is the biggest issue to worry about, if you have a resonator and mufflers then it shouldn't be too loud.

If you're really worried about noise, then just do the flow upgrades, headers or a plog and a new down pipe to delete the u bend.

Also curious what mods you have done that you're getting 300hp

dan1313 07-18-2014 06:28 PM

Okay. Yeah I don't have a resonator right now and like the sound. Just wanted a little more. And I have 1.9 rockers, springs, wizair cai, 3' downpipe, plog, 3.5 pulley , new plugs, resonator delete, and a dyno tune

zipper 07-18-2014 07:33 PM

If I were to do it all over again, I would keep my stock exhaust and and an electric cutout before the cat (and tune out the rear O2 sensor). That way you get the best of both worlds.

But if you like the looks of the aftermarket exhaust, I understand that too.

You have some good mods too. Where did you get tuned and what kind of numbers did you put down just out of curiousity?

dan1313 07-19-2014 01:37 PM

Yeah I do like the looks of it better than stock. I got it tuned at Zzp in Grand Rapids by Tim. It put down 256 to the wheels.