Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Headers/Intake/Exhaust (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-13/)
-   -   What kind of exhaust?? (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-13/what-kind-exhaust-1490/)

notorious_opp 04-16-2006 12:05 AM

What kind of exhaust??

Hi guys, I'm looking for some input on what kind of exhaust to get. I'll be honest, I really don't like how V6s sound when they're piped. However, some do sound ok. It all depends on what tone it is. So, I was wondering if anyone knows if there's an exhaust setup out there that allows for better flow but still maintains a relatively low noise level Thanks!

04MonteLS 04-16-2006 03:50 AM

RE: What kind of exhaust??

ORIGINAL: notorious_opp

Hi guys, I'm looking for some input on what kind of exhaust to get. I'll be honest, I really don't like how V6s sound when they're piped. However, some do sound ok. It all depends on what tone it is. So, I was wondering if anyone knows if there's an exhaust setup out there that allows for better flow but still maintains a relatively low noise level Thanks!
I have a pair of DynoMax Super Turbo mufflers on my LS and I love the sound. I don't like how Flow's sound on the 3.4, the DynoMax mufflers are much more tame and they don't try to make your v6 sound like a v8(while failing miserably). And the tone is easy on the ears, it's noticeable but not obnoxious. I have a sound clip on my computer, I'll post it up for you when I get around to it.

montejass 04-16-2006 12:40 PM

I ran Flow Master 40's on mine and I am happy. For now....

notorious_opp 04-16-2006 02:02 PM

Thx for the info guys. That sounds about like what I'm looking for 04Monte. I just want the flow but not the noise that goes with it. That would be real cool if you can post that clip.

I have a 40 series on my pickup and that sounds sweet with the V8 but I don't think I'd like it on my car.

04MonteLS 04-17-2006 02:20 AM

ORIGINAL: montejass
I ran Flow Master 40's on mine and I am happy. For now....
Different strokes for different folks, ey?!

Truth be told, i'm basing my opinion off the various sound clips I've found online on our monte's, I haven't heard one w/flows in person.

Thx for the info guys. That sounds about like what I'm looking for 04Monte. I just want the flow but not the noise that goes with it. That would be real cool if you can post that clip.
I have a 40 series on my pickup and that sounds sweet with the V8 but I don't think I'd like it on my car.
No problem mayne, that's what we're here for! I'll upload the clip for ya right now. Also, I've heard that the Borla exhaust is pretty quiet, that might be another option for you.

notorious_opp 04-18-2006 09:46 AM

I checked Borla's website and according to that they don't have an application that will work. I highly doubt that though. As long as the in and out fittings are the same then it should work just fine.

Also, I've seen it on other sites and the Borla site as well. They ask if it's VIN K or 1. Which number digit is that in the VIN number??

04MonteLS 04-18-2006 02:33 PM

I checked Borla's website and according to that they don't have an application that will work. I highly doubt that though. As long as the in and out fittings are the same then it should work just fine.

Also, I've seen it on other sites and the Borla site as well. They ask if it's VIN K or 1. Which number digit is that in the VIN number??
It's true, they don't have an application for it specifically. But the 3.8 SS kit will work, you just have to buy an extra muffler hanger and the rubber isolator to hang the other muffler.

Here's the vid clip as promised