Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

what can i do with the 3.5l to get mor hp

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 12:18 AM
Default RE: what can i do with the 3.5l to get mor hp

Like this one? lol

Old 02-27-2009, 12:25 AM

wow thats one of the dumbest things ive seen

Old 02-27-2009, 10:07 PM
15 Year Member
10 Year Member5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

there is a supercharger in the works for the 3.5l motor to fit on the malibu and the other 3.5l motors that chevy has for most of gm line up they have some of the buiks have the 3.5 v6. the inter cooler did help out alot with throtel responce and a pretty decent burn out but installing the intercooler was interesting. funny but a pain in the but to put on. just saying that i have one is kind of a joke lol but living in a place that has pretty decent heat helps out with every thing but it is more for show than go went to a couple of shows in the area and got a mad respect but every one is waiting for a supercharger or a custime turbo set up. the mdp cold air set up i have i did some mods to it to run a y stylehouckupi think i mis spelled that word but after every thing is said and done i have to say pain in the ***. yea every thing said and done most ofwhat i said and done i know i will be made fun of but it is all good at least i am not doing any thing insane like putting 33 inch rims under my car like most have that did some postings hear now thats rediculas. what i did is try to improve the air flow in the motor and out of it. remember colder the airgoing into the motor the better

Old 02-27-2009, 10:40 PM

If you got the money and a little know how these people will put one in you mail box for you, all you got to do is tube it.... This a Turbo a lot better then supercharge

http://www.ststurbo.com/home

Old 03-02-2009, 02:19 AM
Photobucket
Monte Of The Month -- May 2009
15 Year Member
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

wow, i'd be curious to see how that turbo system would be set up on a monte....looks like it checks out, but still kinda weary about a rear turbo. Plus, i'd like to be able to see the turbo to add a little look under the hood.

Old 03-02-2009, 09:30 PM
15 Year Member

i jhave seen one or two turbos that look promising but finding turbo headers are hard got to love the disco potato turbo but the turbo headers are kid of hard to find kind of tempted to have two cu;stime made for the car have some turbos from my svo mustang that i had to put on at least i had two lieing around wink wink but finding headers for the turbos are going to be hard to find and the tunes for the comp to handel.and injectors need to find in a fast

Old 03-03-2009, 01:20 AM

I'll give this another shot- use periods and the return key to make your posts easier to read. Its really not that difficult.

the inter cooler did help out alot with throtel responce and a pretty decent burn out but installing the intercooler was interesting
LOL, so you have an air-air intercooler on a NA car? Thats some good stuff right there- any pics? [8D]

what i did is try to improve the air flow in the motor and out of it. remember colder the airgoing into the motor the better
If you're NA- then you HURT both of those. You didn't improve the airflow at all- all that extra piping and bendsto add an intercooler is a restriction. Secondly- if you have a real 'cold air intake', you'll notice you IAT's are barely over ambient temperature.

So if you have roughly ambient temperature going in, and ambient temperature passing through the intercooler- what is getting cooled? If you have the same temperature inside and outside of the intercooler, then you aren't cooling anything. It works on boosted setups because you've got 200+* air inside the IC, and 100*- air outside of it.

finding turbo headers are hard
Why do you need 'turbo headers'? Just do like the 3800s do- cap off your stock downpipe connection on the back of your manifold. Take your crossover pipe- cut it in the center, and weld your turbo flange and wastegate piping to it. Then take the exhaust output of your turbo, and route that back to your stock downpipe area.

There is no reason to be waiting for something that is probably never going to come (the 3800 has much more aftermarket, and never got real 'turbo headers'). If you want it that bad, thats going to be your easiest, cheapest bet- and you can get it now.

i jhave seen one or two turbos that look promising
Just one or two? I would bet there are hundreds of turbos available that would suit your engine size.

have some turbos from my svo mustang that i had to put on at least i had two lieing around
No need whatsoever for twin turbos. Its only 3.5 liters, and as long as you get a modern turbo- and you've selected one with a map that is suited to your airflow needs, then spool time and max boost levels will both be non issue.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:03 AM

well said bumpin. took the words right outta my mouth.

Old 03-10-2009, 10:32 PM
15 Year Member

the intercooler is just for looks not an function will love to have the t45t56 style of turbo but just wanted to see how many people who would like to critisize about spelling and the periods sounds like to meany people like to make fun of than be the people who would like to look around the 3.5 that nissan has in there 350z and the altima has the same bolt patterns for our montes that has the 3.5 motor found out this morning that the turbo types of the motors nissan has will look good with the t45t56 turbo system and the tubing afterwards will come to gether but lack of funds make it hecktic but having haters any where i go is no supprise the 3.5 i found out it runs the best with what i mentioned turbo and header for the tubos intercooler and exaughst will be the best found a place where i can get injectors for it as well found the programer disk and set up to make all what i need to work but that is for anouther time cant really complane more people who say a 3.5 monte carlo cant be like the rest of the monte carlos are not really people who love domestics like chevy

Old 03-11-2009, 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by monte07
the intercooler is just for looks not an function
Then its rice....

I hope if you do actually get a turbo that you really hook it up, that way its not just for looks too

Quick Reply: what can i do with the 3.5l to get mor hp