Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Headers/Intake/Exhaust (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-13/)
-   -   Used slp exhaust. (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-13/used-slp-exhaust-29457/)

my00monte 07-09-2011 09:39 PM

Used slp exhaust.

Hey guys!

Been a while since I posted, but I just wanted your guys' opinions. I found this on clubgp a while ago, and it still hasn't sold. Maybe there's something wrong with it that I can't see? I'm not sure what's up, but this guy claims its completely alright. What do you think? Any experiences with this guy? His car looks pretty legit, so I would think he's the same way. Here's the link:

ClubGP Message Forum troubleshooting

Also, something important might be, will it fit my 2000 SS? I figured if I do go ahead and buy it, I'd wrap it with some exhaust wrap to just protect it. I'd definitely clean up the tips and pipes too.

Thanks guys!
Tyler

monte07 07-10-2011 04:22 AM

i dont see any damage either but on the other hand there might be some hevey rust where the welds are. if you are going to get it clean it up and check it out from the pypes to the tips just to see if there is not going to be needing some thing. it looks like it is going to be a steal to be honest

my00monte 07-10-2011 12:29 PM

That's exactly what I was thinking. He said it has low mileage on it and he would clean up the tips. What would be the procedure of cleaning it up once I get it?

Thanks!
Tyler

P.S. Still need opinions! :)

Mike 00LS 07-10-2011 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by my00monte (Post 341176)
What would be the procedure of cleaning it up once I get it?

monte07 is right about the rust on the welds. My stock system has a good bit of rust at the welds (I need to replace mine soon). But the easiest way (since it'll be hidden under the car anyways) would be to just wire brush the rust off then you could hit it with a rust inhibitor or just hit it with some spray paint.

zjerry 07-10-2011 06:50 PM

I think you should try to talk him down some on price , I bought two new SLP loud mouth mufflers on craigslist for $100..

monte07 07-10-2011 08:04 PM

if you get it i would use some grill you know to cook with that type of spray pant it will help prevent any rust plus it will help make it look a little more clean under the car. plus gives it more of a personal tutch it will give a little funk spraying it just have a mask on to keep the smell down

my00monte 07-10-2011 10:42 PM

I'll try all those things! I'm still trying to work out how to get it here, though.
Thanks!
Tyler

lougreen03 07-11-2011 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by my00monte (Post 341338)
I'll try all those things! I'm still trying to work out how to get it here, though.
Thanks!
Tyler

Looks and sounds like a good deal now you need to rent a truck and take a road trip. From central Iowa to Grand Rapids Mi is only like 9 hours.

my00monte 07-11-2011 02:12 AM

That's the only hang up about this whole thing! He said he priced out shipping and it would be outrageous! So I don't think I'm going to buy this :'(

zjerry 07-11-2011 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by lougreen03 (Post 341355)
Looks and sounds like a good deal now you need to rent a truck and take a road trip. From central Iowa to Grand Rapids Mi is only like 9 hours.

Sounds like a Road trip for weekend , Drive there spend the nite drive back.., Fold back seat down and put pipes and muffler in trunk..