Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Headers/Intake/Exhaust (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-13/)
-   -   Straight Piped the monte, now i need some advise :P (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-13/straight-piped-monte-now-i-need-some-advise-p-30348/)

Franks 03SS 08-18-2011 11:00 AM

Straight Piped the monte, now i need some advise :P

so i straight piped the monte, Sounds like crap :thumbsdown: lol
will this help out any?? so i can go ahead and order it asap
>>>> Jones Exhaust AR4016S - Jones Exhaust AR Series Aluminized Welded Resonators - Overview - SummitRacing.com

03SSLE 08-18-2011 11:41 AM

I don't have any experience with those resonators, but since they say it will 'allow you to take control of your exhaust system's noise level' I would assume (hate doin' that) it will sound close to stock. I replaced my resonator with a Magnaflow glass pack. Since I still have the stock mufflers it doesn't have that loud, obnoxious sound of a glass pack though. At idle it is slightly louder than stock with a lower, mellow tone to it. It sounds great on acceleration and at cruise there is no drone. No farting through the tail pipe on deceleration either. :rotfl: It's much quieter than the videos I watched of the Flowmaster, Loud Mouth, etc. I would say it's closer to the Dynomax exhaust sound, but with a little lower tone at idle. I'm quite happy with the sound, but I wasn't going for loud. YMMV ;)

Franks 03SS 08-18-2011 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by 03SSLE (Post 353285)
I don't have any experience with those resonators, but since they say it will 'allow you to take control of your exhaust system's noise level' I would assume (hate doin' that) it will sound close to stock. I replaced my resonator with a Magnaflow glass pack. Since I still have the stock mufflers it doesn't have that loud, obnoxious sound of a glass pack though. At idle it is slightly louder than stock with a lower, mellow tone to it. It sounds great on acceleration and at cruise there is no drone. No farting through the tail pipe on deceleration either. :rotfl: It's much quieter than the videos I watched of the Flowmaster, Loud Mouth, etc. I would say it's closer to the Dynomax exhaust sound, but with a little lower tone at idle. I'm quite happy with the sound, but I wasn't going for loud. YMMV ;)

but u have stock mufflers on dont u?
and right now i want to get it as quiet as it can get with no mufflers :o:thumbsdown:

03SSLE 08-18-2011 11:50 AM

Ahhh...I thought you still had your mufflers intact. In that case then maybe that resonator will fit the bill nicely. :thumbsup:

Franks 03SS 08-18-2011 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by 03SSLE (Post 353289)
Ahhh...I thought you still had your mufflers intact. In that case then maybe that resonator will fit the bill nicely. :thumbsup:

yea i hope so, i never thought it would be this loud straight piped :eek:
its annoyingly loud, especially around 2000-2500 rpms which is cruising speeds for me :o
this sucks lol

zzapultimate 08-18-2011 11:55 AM

Clamp the mufflers back on in the meantime?

Franks 03SS 08-18-2011 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by zzapultimate (Post 353291)
Clamp the mufflers back on in the meantime?

i got it done at a shop lol, its all straight pipe welded :o

red04montels 08-18-2011 12:02 PM

mufflers and a cutout!

03JGMonte 08-18-2011 12:04 PM

Yeah they are obnoxious without mufflers, ive got my res & cat pulled with a u bend delete & i hate it lol

Franks 03SS 08-18-2011 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by trewyn15 (Post 353293)
mufflers and a cutout!

but with mufflers its guna be all raspy! :p