Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Headers/Intake/Exhaust (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-13/)
-   -   Speed Daddy Headers? (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-13/speed-daddy-headers-36718/)

S.O.G. 05-29-2012 12:36 PM

Speed Daddy Headers?

So im gonna get some headers for my 04 ss s/c. I heard speed daddy headers were an off brand off slp just wanted to kno if they are any good? Also i found 2 sets on ebay, one has inlet 2.25 and outlet of 3. The other has inlet of 2.25 and outlet of 2.5. Just wanna kno which would best fit my car and if i would have replace anything else when installing these or do they fit perfectly to my stock exhaust set up? My car is completely stock other than CAI,180 tstat and AC Delco plugs n wires. Any advice helps! Thanks!

Jomao_o 05-29-2012 12:55 PM

You have the exact set up as me, I recently installed Speed Daddy headers. They are just fine for our supercharged engines, you will love them, fairly cheap. I do not know the inlet diameters tho, good luck.

01 Monte SS 05-29-2012 03:26 PM

I went with the ones that have the 3 inch outlet. Still bolts up to my 2.5 inch SLP cat back.

If you're going to do headers (which I would if I were you :D) I'd recommend getting a few extra things:

Two 2.5" band clamps for crossover
Two 3" band clamps for downpipe section
EGR block off plates from ZZPerformance. --->ZZPerformance - EGR Block Off Plate #
o2 extension, also from ZZPerforamnce.--->Easy Performance - O2 Extension Harness #EP-O2EXHN
and use a lot of high-temp rtv (I used the orange stuff) :thumbsup:

Also I wouldn't use the provided gaskets (they tend to blow out after a few thousand miles). I just cleaned up my original gaskets and used them :)

Keep in mind you won't have a cat. Just in case you have emissions you need to pass. Luckily I don't have to worry about that where I'm located.

If you plan on getting a tune in the future you'll probably want them to delete the codes that will be thrown from deleting egr and some o2 codes.

Enzo354 05-29-2012 06:21 PM

Get the SSAC headers. I have them and love them. These are a lot cheaper then when I ordered them.

Pontiac Performance Racing Products for International Sales from SSAutochrome Inc.

S.O.G. 05-29-2012 09:35 PM

Thanks for the advice! Hey JOMAO_O how big a difference is ur Monte with and without those headers? 01 MONTE SS so when i install my headers will my service light come on in my car because of the fact that im removing the cat??

01 Monte SS 05-29-2012 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by SS Supercharged LA (Post 462711)
Thanks for the advice! Hey JOMAO_O how big a difference is ur Monte with and without those headers? 01 MONTE SS so when i install my headers will my service light come on in my car because of the fact that im removing the cat??

I currently have 3 engine codes. One from deleting the EGR (which is optional) and two from o2 sensors I believe.

zjerry 05-29-2012 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by SS Supercharged LA (Post 462711)

I had headers on my 2005 Monte SS Supercharged for 3 months ,No cat
I had no check engine light come on ..:thumbsup: I had both o2 sensors , first one had longer wire from zzp , 2nd o2 sensor I installed plug fouler..,to move it out of full stream.. ,I removed headers after 3 months..

monte carlo 3831 05-29-2012 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by zjerry (Post 462727)
I removed headers after 3 months..

Why did you remove them?

nemesis 05-30-2012 12:53 AM

nobody likes pacesetters lol?

zjerry 05-30-2012 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by monte carlo 3831 (Post 462733)
Why did you remove them?

I thought it was too loud of a tone inside monte..:rotfl: