Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Headers/Intake/Exhaust (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-13/)
-   -   Saturday morning modding (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-13/saturday-morning-modding-46668/)

DaNfRoMSt.PaUl 01-17-2014 12:07 PM

Slugger did you gain any gas mileage?

Slugger088 01-17-2014 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by DaNfRoMSt.PaUl (Post 591295)
Slugger did you gain any gas mileage?

I would say Yes. I wouldnt say an extravagant amount but the car was more responsive for sure.

Crusader SS 01-17-2014 02:12 PM

A CAI will definately improve MPG, but here's the rub, we all enjoy the sound of the CAI so much that you will find that you step on the gas more often... Well worth it in my opinion... :thumbsup:

xxtheshockerxx 01-17-2014 04:25 PM

very nice. I have the exact same thing. I love it. It is by far the best CAI I have ever owned.

Mels SS 01-17-2014 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Crusader SS (Post 591313)
A CAI will definately improve MPG, but here's the rub, we all enjoy the sound of the CAI so much that you will find that you step on the gas more often... Well worth it in my opinion... :thumbsup:

So true!!

DaNfRoMSt.PaUl 01-17-2014 10:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
In there like swimwear!!! Had a little trouble lining up the holes on the bottom of the box but after that no problem. Total time about 35 min. Sounds awesome. I had a few brews while installing it so didn't take it for a spin but cant wait to go out tomorrow.

xxtheshockerxx 01-17-2014 10:35 PM

it looks good in there! I would double check everything though...you have a gap between the lid and that front support there. Mine sits right up next to it to keep the hot air out.

Crusader SS 01-17-2014 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by DaNfRoMSt.PaUl (Post 591417)
In there like swimwear!!! Had a little trouble lining up the holes on the bottom of the box but after that no problem. Total time about 35 min. Sounds awesome. I had a few brews while installing it so didn't take it for a spin but cant wait to go out tomorrow.

Very nice... Question, is there a gasket missing in the front (inlet)? Just wondering because my Wizaired CAI has one and helps to further reduce hot engine air from getting in...:confused:

xxtheshockerxx 01-17-2014 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Crusader SS (Post 591421)
Very nice... Question, is there a gasket missing in the front (inlet)? Just wondering because my Wizaired CAI has one and helps to further reduce hot engine air from getting in...:confused:

we posted at the same time :rotfl: that black strip should be touching that front support. mine almost sits on top of it. I am sure now that I think about it you could seal it up even better after its lined up with something

Crusader SS 01-17-2014 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by xxtheshockerxx (Post 591422)
we posted at the same time :rotfl: that black strip should be touching that front support. mine almost sits on top of it. I am sure now that I think about it you could seal it up even better after its lined up with something

That's funny...:o:cool::cool::cool:... Is he missing a gasket or is it misalgned?:confused: