Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Headers/Intake/Exhaust (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-13/)
-   -   Removing Mufflers Tomorrow (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-13/removing-mufflers-tomorrow-36614/)

brendan127 05-24-2012 01:46 PM

Removing Mufflers Tomorrow

The Monte is going into the shop again tomorrow, I'll have them remove the mufflers, are the mufflers still good after they are removed? Should I ask them to let me keep them? Also if anyone knows how loud this is going to be let me know. I know that on Frank's video it wasn't too loud and he said there isn't any cabin drone, and I have a longer glasspack too. I'll be uploading a video if I can get to it tomorrow, there will be a lot of people here cause I'm graduating Saturday.

:p

Space 05-24-2012 04:28 PM

Hi Brendan, It's going to be loud...
I'd have him do a clean cut (just in case it's 2 loud) & he could weld them back on or put some Flowmasters on, or :confused:
What's he charging 2 do it ?
How's the condition of your pipes ?
Do you live where's there is strict law enforcement ?

Good Luck & look 4ward to your vid...
Oh, Party Smart & Congrat's on graduation :congrats:

zzapultimate 05-24-2012 04:32 PM

They are still good even if they get cut off. I would keep them in case you don't like the sound you can have them welded back on again.

Congrats on graduating :thumbsup:

brendan127 05-24-2012 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Space (Post 461103)
Hi Brendan, It's going to be loud...
I'd have him do a clean cut (just in case it's 2 loud) & he could weld them back on or put some Flowmasters on, or :confused:
What's he charging 2 do it ?
How's the condition of your pipes ?
Do you live where's there is strict law enforcement ?

Good Luck & look 4ward to your vid...
Oh, Party Smart & Congrat's on graduation :congrats:

But how loud, lol. Frank's didn't sound that loud. My 4.3L blazer ZR-2 was loud. I was going to have them weld pipe where the mufflers were and weld my tips back on even though they are crap, lol. He's charging me $25 for each side. My pipes are still good, but they are brown. Not too much, I get into trouble sometimes when I speed :P, in a city north of here there are catless, complete straight pipe cars everywhere, and alot of cars with broken exhausts, in my town kids sit over at the park blaring their subwoofers. We only have 1 officer the other one has a undercover charger :rotfl:

Originally Posted by zzapultimate (Post 461105)
They are still good even if they get cut off. I would keep them in case you don't like the sound you can have them welded back on again.

Congrats on graduating :thumbsup:

Okay, if I kept them I'd probably sell them, so that if I had to put some mufflers on I could at least get some thrush welded mufflers or something.

And thanks, both you and Space :D :p

Space 05-24-2012 04:55 PM

2000 Monte Carlo SS N/A, No mufflers, No ...
<CITE class=kv>youtube.com</CITE>Jul 8, 2010 - 55 sec - Uploaded by thumpingetocar06
2000 Monte Carlo SS N/A, No mufflers, No resonator! ... You need Adobe Flash Player to watch this video ...

2002 Monte Carlo SS ZZP Downpipe, No Muffler ...
<CITE class=kv>youtube.com</CITE>Dec 18, 2011 - 2 min - Uploaded by DRubenss
2002 Monte Carlo SS ZZP Downpipe, No Muffler ... You need Adobe Flash Player to watch this video ...

2004 Monte Carlo LS 3.4 Flowmaster Super 44 ...<CITE class=kv>youtube.com</CITE>Jan 19, 2011 - 2 min - Uploaded by landofromberkeley
2004 Monte Carlo LS cold start; only revved up to 2000 rpm. ... 2000 - 2005 Monte Carlo SS Air Intake ...

:rolleyes:
Hi Brendan, check out the above (the last one is on a 3.4L
= The 2nd one is special (LOL) are U gona put a #48 on your Monte (LOL) or custom your front bumper with some tree branches ? LOL
Also check YouTube for more with no Muff's & check the links on the above posted vid's ^
Good Luck & I hope it works `out 4 you 4 Sure...
Good Price on the cuts :thumbsup:

brendan127 05-24-2012 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Space (Post 461111)
2000 Monte Carlo SS N/A, No mufflers, No ...
<CITE class=kv>youtube.com</CITE>Jul 8, 2010 - 55 sec - Uploaded by thumpingetocar06
2000 Monte Carlo SS N/A, No mufflers, No resonator! ... You need Adobe Flash Player to watch this video ...

2002 Monte Carlo SS ZZP Downpipe, No Muffler ...
<CITE class=kv>youtube.com</CITE>Dec 18, 2011 - 2 min - Uploaded by DRubenss
2002 Monte Carlo SS ZZP Downpipe, No Muffler ... You need Adobe Flash Player to watch this video ...

2004 Monte Carlo LS 3.4 Flowmaster Super 44 ...<CITE class=kv>youtube.com</CITE>Jan 19, 2011 - 2 min - Uploaded by landofromberkeley
2004 Monte Carlo LS cold start; only revved up to 2000 rpm. ... 2000 - 2005 Monte Carlo SS Air Intake ...

:rolleyes:
Hi Brendan, check out the above (the last one is on a 3.4L
= The 2nd one is special (LOL) are U gona put a #48 on your Monte (LOL) or custom your front bumper with some tree branches ? LOL
Also check YouTube for more with no Muff's & check the links on the above posted vid's ^
Good Luck & I hope it works `out 4 you 4 Sure...
Good Price on the cuts :thumbsup:

I already have a glasspack put on, and I'm not getting rid of it lol :P did you not know this?

It's a 28 inch thrush glasspack 2.5"I/O and 4" total diameter to accomadate for the packing. It's got ports in it to it's not just solid.

The glasspack is where the res is and it will stay on, I'm just removing the stock muffflers.

This video is basically the same thing just a few small differences.

2003 Monte SS exhaust - YouTube

First difference is that he has a MagnaFlow DP.

Secondly he has a 18" glasspack, and I have a 28".

PUNK LIFE 05-24-2012 06:17 PM

there will be no cabin drone? sounds like an awesome idea to me

brendan127 05-24-2012 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by PUNK LIFE (Post 461130)
there will be no cabin drone? sounds like an awesome idea to me

Yeah if it's true, lol. I just don't want a booming noise in the cabin that you won't be able to talk over, but I'm thinking that's more of a characteristic of a V8.

PUNK LIFE 05-24-2012 06:40 PM

yeah that would get annoying if you cant hear the person next to you lol great price :thumbsup: they might delete the u bend for cheap at the same time

BlackRainSS 05-24-2012 06:46 PM

Be cool to hear it all said and done. What made you go with thrush? Just curious.