Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Headers/Intake/Exhaust (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-13/)
-   -   New parts ordered (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-13/new-parts-ordered-7838/)

mephistopeles 02-08-2008 10:12 PM

New parts ordered

I just ordered TOG ceramic coated headers, Random Tech cat, Dynomax cat-back exhaust, and a K&N intake. I'm hoping for between 10-20 hp and I'm begining to lay down the foundation for a turbo kit. Any suggestions would be appreciated

ExplosiveSoundz 02-08-2008 11:18 PM

RE: New parts ordered

lay down the foundation for a turbo kit. Any suggestions would be appreciated
then cancel that order for your TOGs right now, as the turbo kit will come with it's own exhaust setup, as that is how a turbo runs. not a single kit out there, that I know of, will allow you to use YOUR headers and still run a good turbo. No joke. So if you are serious about this turbo project, CANCEL THAT ORDER FOR THOSE TOG'S.

mephistopeles 02-08-2008 11:31 PM

Thanks for the warning.

ExplosiveSoundz 02-08-2008 11:36 PM

I dunno if that's sarcasm, but seriously, you are going to have to get rid of those headers as soon as you go turbo. Just trying to help =)

mephistopeles 02-08-2008 11:51 PM

no sarcasm. I was looking at a turbo kit from 3800 performance and it bolts on to stock manifolds. didn't notice it until after I made the order. will also work with the cat back i ordered.

Cowboy6622 02-09-2008 08:43 AM

well see... it also comes with the high flow cat and u-bend delete. so cancel everything but the catback system.

plus, personally.... if you want an exhuast system htat you and only you can hear... then get dynomax. i had it for awhile.. you can seriously rev up and people and they may very well not notice. just my opinon though.

mickey 02-09-2008 12:25 PM

well to be nice i will make you a deal, When you oder your kit for the turbo just send me the hedders for free of charge and i will make sure they get used so that you dont feel you have wasted your money on them .

And if ya dont like the turbo let me know i will trade you the tog hedders for it. as i wont need them after you send me your turbo. :D

RocknSS04 02-09-2008 04:24 PM

Check with ZZPerformance on this subject of exhaust manifolds and headers with turbos. I BELIEVE their front Power Log manifold works with turbos, and is more efficient than stock. Talk to Tim. I think that they use headers with turbos, also.

bumpin96monte 02-10-2008 12:55 AM

The powerlog does work with turbo kits (since its mount points are identical to stock at the heads and crossover- unlike headers)- however, they HIGHLY reccomend the stainless one. I believe they now also have a rear plog.

04 Intimidator 02-10-2008 06:58 PM

Yes. The plog is the way to go and will help out the turbo.