Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Headers/Intake/Exhaust (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-13/)
-   -   New Member! I need Help! 2007 LS (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-13/new-member-i-need-help-2007-ls-9800/)

xtortedmonte 06-18-2008 07:52 AM

New Member! I need Help! 2007 LS

Hey guys and gals. I have a 2007 monte carlo LS with the 3.5 litre V6.. There are absolutely no mods for this car! lol. My buddy's 2008 cobalt 2.4litre walks on my car. Anymods out there i do not know about? I'm willing to do custom exhaust if i have to.. but what about intakes, chips.. etc etc.. Please any help would be greatly appreciated, and anything else i might have missed please add. Thanks a lot

rchurch 06-18-2008 10:56 AM

RE: New Member! I need Help! 2007 LS

I'm sorry, but you've already missed the best, easiest mod - it's called SS option.

sickofsoyo 06-18-2008 11:28 AM

EDIT: nvm, misread initial post.

88ss408 06-18-2008 03:48 PM

well like all other 660 all performance parts are custom
headers and exhaust system will be you best mod but you will have to do it your self or find a shop that is willing
(not sure here but maybe 3400 headers will work as it's the same mating surface )
besides that a cam regrind some porting and

RickCoMatic 06-18-2008 04:39 PM

I got a 2004 LS. The car didn't even come with a Signature Spoiler. I'm leaving it alone because I have it running really good at the moment. Took a new Air Filter, Fuel Fillter, PCV Valve, Spark Plug Wires, Plugs and Mobil-1 and a Filter to get tuned-up to where I have no bogging-out and hesitation.

I don't care what it does over a quarter mile. I'm more concerned about how it does over 3-hundred miles or so.

vita 06-20-2008 09:33 AM

hey x, lemme see if I can help ya out a bit here. Theres a few things you should look at doing to your monte if your wanting a bit more power. one, exhaust. Freeing up your monte to let it "breathe" better is something you can gain a few horse's from. another thing you should look into is headers. Headers are a great and efficiently priced mod that can bring you 15-20 HP no problem. granted, they can be pretty expensive at who you look at, but horses arnt cheap. Ive spent a lot to try to get my monte to stay close at all to the stock SS montes around here. One more, thing that will help is a Cold Air intake. Dont be fooled by the ones on ebay, a true cold air intake (CAI) has a heat shield around it so the engine bay temp doesn't heat up the air going into the cone filter. Look around for these mods and youll be set. You can have each one made custom, and you personally can do the CAI, but do your research on how to properly do each one.

xtortedmonte 06-28-2008 09:06 AM

So, i did some mods the past two weeks. I used a SR K&N intake from a 2004 Ford Explorer. I cut Three inches off of the TB end, Drilled a small hole with two flanges for the oil breather and plugged the original hole with a cap-plug. Next i took the K&N MAF connection and shaved off maybe 10thousands to fit my stock MAF sensor to it, drilled some holes so it would line up, connected it all and bam I've got a short-ram with heatshield. I then modified a cover for the ecm, and all other electrical componets that sat below the stock air box.
Yesterday i just got two Super 40 series flow master mufflers installed. From the stock exahaust pipe into a Y at the end. It sounds pretty good, but i will be removing the Res. very soon! Onwards for a custom Tune by HP Tuners this weekend!!