Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Headers/Intake/Exhaust (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-13/)
-   -   New Exhaust :) (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-13/new-exhaust-9922/)

bfurches 07-03-2008 04:01 PM

New Exhaust :)

Well the time has come....

I am tired of my custom/ SLP exhaust, and I refuse to spend 1k for a borla/ corsa. When it comes to exhaust I will settle for NOTHING but stainless steel. That means no Dynomax, no Flowmaster, no Pacesetter.....

I am however shelling out close to a grand...but not for one exhaust. I am taking a trip to NH two weeks from tomorow. My car will be under the knife for two days as one of the BEST exhaust guys aroundsets up a jig to produce a complete stainless exhaust to my specification which I will be releasing to the community. This exhaust guru is the same gentelman who developed Cottons Performance Grand National exhaust systems (which have been run deep into the 9's and below)...

Specs:
Complete Stainless Steel Mandral BentTubing
Fully Polished 4" Rolled Tips
Fully Polished Magnaflow 2.5" Mufflers
3" Center into a 2.5" Y
Stainless Hangers
Mild Steel Flanges (stainless flanges warp and create leaks under high heat applications)
Optional Resonator (recomended for vehicles with cat delete)

Upon completion of the first system, the jig will be preparred to duplicate the system IDENTICALLY evry time, assuring a quality fitting product. Expect the price to fall between 600-700 for a COMPLETE bolt on stainless steel system.

After the first exhaust is finished, I will have 5 more bent and ready for shippment with instructions. If you are looking for a muscle tone, high flowing qualityproductthan im your man.

Submariner 07-03-2008 07:27 PM

RE: New Exhaust :)

I may be interested in one. Keep us posted with pics and sound bytes.

Cowboy6622 07-03-2008 08:21 PM

wow... sounds like a deal if it;s all you say it is.

SSmokybear 07-03-2008 09:33 PM

If it has a deep rumble and doesn't sound like a ricer, Then I am listening.

bfurches 07-04-2008 07:15 AM

I can assure you this exhaust wont sound anything like a 'ricer'. Hands down, Magnaflow makes THE nicest exhaustmufflers out there. As soon as I get the first one done, I will throw up some pictures.

ChucksMonte 09-02-2008 10:43 PM

any word on this??

bumpin96monte 09-03-2008 08:04 AM

Hands down, Magnaflow makes THE nicest exhaustmufflers out there.
You think so? I hate the sound of my magnaflow on my 3800 monte. It sounds great at idle, but its worse than most 3800s at part throttle.

My buddy has a Borla ProXS and I think that sounds better.

I guess its all opinions though.

06MCLTZ 09-03-2008 06:29 PM

I was thinking about getting something very close to that on my car. I just couldn't decide on 3" then 2.5" at the Y, or 2.5" all the way back. Also couldn't decide on Borla or Magnaflow.

06MCLTZ 09-04-2008 07:23 PM

For a N/A car like mine do you guys think the 3" before the Y would be to much for it or is it ok for the LTZ?

ChucksMonte 09-04-2008 07:27 PM

3" piping is generally used for cars making in excess of 500 Hp. I think 2.5 would be just fine....