Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Headers/Intake/Exhaust (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-13/)
-   -   7th Gen ('06-'07): New Exhaust (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-13/new-exhaust-51775/)

TomF106SS 01-13-2015 08:31 AM

New Exhaust

I'm going to need a new exhaust soon. It's got rattles that sound like it's from inside the mufflers.
I've been looking up parts. Summit sells a Magnaflow kit 16727.
I'm thinking I'd like to go with the DT headers too.
So, would that be too loud?
Is it still going to pass emissions? (Our emission test is all electronic now)
Is there anything else I need?
And where would I buy the headers?
Any input would be greatly appreciated.
TIA,
Tom

xxtheshockerxx 01-13-2015 09:00 AM

I wouldn't buy the MagnaFlow kit. I love the sound of mine but you would be better off having a shop make you a custom exhaust. I have a chopped up version of it now with OBX Headers and it's is pretty mellow. I can get some videos if you need.

TomF106SS 01-20-2015 04:00 PM

After getting it up on a hoist and seeing what's up, the mufflers are completely rotted inside, like I suspected. My mechanic talked me out of the header for now, he say the trans has to drop to install it. Too expensive for me.
I bought the magnaflow kit. But on advise from a member here, I got it from HottExhaust in Woodbridge, free shipping and a better price.
They also sell their own version of the cat converter, supposed to be oem grade, and got a DS 02 sensor.
It gets installed Friday.

mcweet 01-20-2015 06:09 PM

im really happy with the magnaflow. yeah its pricey. i wish i had gone for the downpipe u joint cat package as well.

its a good compromise between sticking your foot in it and rolling down the highway and i can sneak into the driveway at night without running the possums off.

Tadcaster 01-20-2015 06:28 PM

I have DT headers and Magna flow catbacks with Resonator delete sounds mellow

It does rattle my picture windows from the garage though LOL

Really you will love them if you look at my garage link below you will see a picture of them

I brought the headers directly from the Doug Thorley website. Mention my name (Tadd LaDuke) and they will give you a discount at least that's what they told me

http://www.dougthorleyheaders.com/

Tadcaster 01-20-2015 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by TomF106SS (Post 644472)
After getting it up on a hoist and seeing what's up, the mufflers are completely rotted inside, like I suspected. My mechanic talked me out of the header for now, he say the trans has to drop to install it. Too expensive for me.
I bought the magnaflow kit. But on advise from a member here, I got it from HottExhaust in Woodbridge, free shipping and a better price.
They also sell their own version of the cat converter, supposed to be oem grade, and got a DS 02 sensor.

Not true YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DROP THE TRANS TO INSTALL!!

Shop had mine in in 5 hours had to modify the cupling from the cat to the header down pipe but that's it. You need to take her to a performance shop that knows what they are doing I took mine to Lansing fleet performance

Headers with install ran me about 1,200 $600 something for the headers and about $500 for the install

xxtheshockerxx 01-20-2015 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by TomF106SS (Post 644472)

Headers do not require you to drop the engine or transmission. I would ask another mechanic obviously he doesn't know these very well.