Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Headers/Intake/Exhaust (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-13/)
-   -   Need some exhaust work (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-13/need-some-exhaust-work-50984/)

Car guy deluxe 11-06-2014 08:47 AM

Need some exhaust work

the exhaust has a few holes in it from rust and I will need cat back most likely and I would like to run a Y to get a dual exit and make it sound decent with a turn down at the end by the bumper to keep the clean look of the car without exhaust sticking out anywhere will it work with a plastic bumper and the heat

ohara 11-07-2014 08:54 PM

What year is your car?

I know you can put an SS exhaust on an LS monte and you can buy whatever exhaust end pipes that you want to suit the look you are after.

ZZPerformance.com sells a cat back exhaust, well they have a few options on their site, also you can find options at magnaflow, borla, etc. etc.

You could also check with your local muffler shops and see what they can fabricate for you, as in a lot of cases this may be a cheaper route and you have full option of which muffler's you choose to install, opinions vary on which mufflers sound the best, it is a personal taste. Best recommendations is to search youtube and check out all the options as there are a lot of postings with different exhausts and you will get a good idea.

A lot of people remove the resonator to aid in getting a louder exhaust tone and put in flowmaster 44's (if I remember correctly) or you can choose whichever mufflers you think sound best. Gm used to sell a performance exhaust for the SS car's which was manufactured by magnaflow (again if I remember correctly).

Also check out some of the posts in the exhaust section on this website as there are numerous posts which already include you tube vids with members exhausts that will hopefully help in your decision

WImonteman 11-07-2014 10:28 PM

I threw an ss exhaust system on my ls, needed to add a hanger and then did a red delete

Car guy deluxe 11-08-2014 07:22 AM

It's an 02 and I'm mainly just worried about if I will melt my bumper at the end

What's a red delete

STUMPMI 11-08-2014 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Car guy deluxe (Post 636166)
It's an 02 and I'm mainly just worried about if I will melt my bumper at the end

What's a red delete

Its a typo its suppose to read res delete (Resinator) :rotfl:

You can go to any muffler shop that makes/does custom exhaust work..
I live in Michigan.. (Not sure where your from)
I have an excellent Muffler shop that I use specifically... All my vehicles have Cat back duals. (They didn't come that way) with the exception of my Z-34.. It came factory installed.

I use a Company Called Wearmaster...(There located in Lincoln Park)
Greg is the general manager and Chris is the 1 of a kind wizard with the building of an exhaust system! From bending the pipes to muffler hanging to also placement of the tips! All Mig welded to perfection!:thumbsup:

By the way...
I have a 40 series Muffler on my Silverado...
I use Excellerator mufflers on my Monte! (Resinator delete)
The Mrs Custom Sierra has a complete Magnaflow exhaust system on it..

I do however recommend "NOT" using glass packs...
But that's just my opinion... V-6's and Glasspacks don't mix.

Hope this helps and keep us posted on your progress!

Car guy deluxe 11-09-2014 11:16 AM

When I saw red delete I thought the Monte logos and repainting them somehow

I'm in Wisconsin and my local shop has made some insane exhaust systems that I'll probably have one of

WImonteman 11-09-2014 03:38 PM

Sorry guys, meant res delete. Damon auto correct