Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Headers/Intake/Exhaust (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-13/)
-   -   Muffler question (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-13/muffler-question-32288/)

02montecSS 11-22-2011 03:20 PM

Muffler question

Ok so i was skeptical about putting any exhaust in my car, but my brother just recently purchased an 06 charger r/t and he has exhaust in it and i liked the sound. im not sure what brand made his though. i know my monte wont sound like his because his is a v8, but it had a real nice, deep sound to it.nothing raspy, or too droney, just deep.

i was wondering if anyone has any recommendations to get a deep sound from the 3800 n/a.

nizzle 11-22-2011 03:39 PM

I think they sound good piped up. My suggestion would be dynomax superturbo. It has a deep tone but is not too loud. I dont think you'll have a problem with rasp but if you do, just get a good resonator. You might have a small problem with drone but with the dynomax mufflers it shouldn't be bad. Just my $0.02 :)

02montecSS 11-22-2011 03:42 PM

im only looking to change the mufflers right now tho.lol
college student on a budget

nizzle 11-22-2011 03:44 PM

I hear ya. I think you'll be happy with the dynomax super turbo mufflers then. Also, they are very affordable. Check Jegs.com

ChibiBlackSheep 11-22-2011 03:49 PM

Don't bother. It won't sound good most likely. If you worked through the rest of the exhaust and got some ported manifold and a downpipe you will add a little more growl, but swapping the mufflers will add drone.

02montecSS 11-22-2011 03:54 PM

instead of the manifold, and the downpipe, how will the pacesetter headers from ebay change sound, and which of the two options will deliver more power?

gasman 11-22-2011 04:56 PM

lol why don't you just ask your brother what mufflers he had put on

ChibiBlackSheep 11-22-2011 05:11 PM

I don't usually recommend headers for NA applications because you lose a good amount of low-end torque and the fitment can be difficult.

02montecSS 11-22-2011 10:20 PM

my brother bought the car used and they were already installed lol
and chibi, ok thanks.

well i was making plans to do some upgrades soon, but as i walked to my car when i got out of school, i arrived to a monte with a broken window, and to all my audio system missing.not to mention, broken panels..

Boxman420 11-23-2011 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by 02montecSS (Post 384687)
my brother bought the car used and they were already installed lol
and chibi, ok thanks.

well i was making plans to do some upgrades soon, but as i walked to my car when i got out of school, i arrived to a monte with a broken window, and to all my audio system missing.not to mention, broken panels..

dude............. so sorry to hear that man....:(