Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Headers/Intake/Exhaust (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-13/)
-   -   Opinion Needed: Looking for new mufflers (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-13/looking-new-mufflers-54667/)

Carl!1020 10-22-2015 11:40 PM

Looking for new mufflers

Hi. I just recently bought a 2004 supercharged dale jr monte carlo. I have a couple of things i need to replace on the car one of them being the mufflers. The engine is 3800 v6. I'm wanting something that is very low and deep. I'm looking for a nice growl/ rumble. What's out there?

KCFITZ78 10-23-2015 07:30 PM

Stay away from SLP, they no longer support them on 6th Gens

ohara 10-24-2015 06:11 PM

Welcome to the forum,

I like my dynomax mufflers personally, I am happy with how they sound. A lot of people like flowmasters, dynomax are a cheaper version of the flowmasters lol. Best to search you tube and listen to some clips, there are a lot posted on there it will give you a better idea of how your car will sound

Carl!1020 10-25-2015 09:11 PM

I appreciate the heads up and i'll definitely look into that brand. Thanks guys

ZIPPY02 10-25-2015 09:26 PM

I like Magnaflow's myself.

Here is a link to one that would fit your car...
6" ROUND 14158

This is a Supercharged Monte with Magnaflows, sounds nice to me.

Carl!1020 12-06-2015 08:52 PM

Hey guys sorry it took so long to reply back i ended up getting a pair of dynomax race bullet mufflers and they are nice and loud. I appreciate all the input. Maybe at some point I'll get a nice camera so everyone can hear them

rexdews 12-17-2015 04:58 AM

I went with Magnaflow because I prefer a nice deep tone and 4 wheel online gave me a good price that time. It has a nice rumble and really sounds good at full throttle. My buddy has a Dynomax and I must admit that it sounds great as well.

Deeanna 07-01-2016 11:14 AM

I live in Western Pennsylvania and my '04 Monte LS is making a lot of noise. One friend said I need a muffler, a neighbor said no it is not the muffler it is the catalytic converter.
All I can say is it makes a lot of noise (which actually does not bother me but it may be illegal) which seems to be coming more from the front of the car than the rear of the car.

Anyway, I stopped at Monroe Muffler and they were kind of rude, said they were too busy to even put it up on a rack for 5 days! I then asked for a "ballpark figure" of what I might be looking at and the guy said "It could be anywhere from $500-$1000 depending on what's wrong".

Does this sound within reason?

KCFITZ78 07-01-2016 10:35 PM

no, go to a different shop. They should be able to give you multiple quotes.
  1. replace muffler
  2. replace muffler and pipe
  3. replace CAT
  4. CAT and all the way back

GTHSS 07-03-2016 06:18 PM

He's right, go somewhere else. If it is from the front of the car it could be a rusted pipe leaking. Ask around your friends and family for a reputable shop.