Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums

Monte Carlo Forum - Monte Carlo Enthusiast Forums (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/)
-   Headers/Intake/Exhaust (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-13/)
-   -   I am getting it! it is on order! (https://montecarloforum.com/forum/headers-intake-exhaust-13/i-am-getting-order-7714/)

MyIntimidator 02-01-2008 08:11 PM

I am getting it! it is on order!

I just ordered the K&N FIPK. It will be here this coming tuesday and if this weather holds Next Saturday it will be on! Will post Pics!

jeffsmonte 02-01-2008 09:40 PM

RE: I am getting it! it is on order!

Good luck with the install! And pay alot of attention re attaching the ground wire to the inside of the fender. Once you read the directions you will know what Im talking about. Because I ran into problems with the traction control shorting! U will like it!!

BeachBumMike 02-02-2008 06:37 AM

Hi `Nathan, I look forward to seeing more pictures of your awesome Monte Carlo.
I really love the below posted picture of your Monte Carlo. It should be in a frame.
I'm also sure that you will be nominated again, and be a future MCF Winner.
[:-]Beautiful, just freak'in beautiful [:-]I think it will be a future classic...4-$ure..
:eek:`Nathan, wish you many safe/fun miles in your Monte Carlo limited production `Intimidator
`Space

MyIntimidator 02-03-2008 02:10 AM

Thanks Space! I am quite fond of it to... You know now that i've been on this forum the more i Find myself really wanting a 86' SS. weird... if I see one for sale Im afraid it will be in my Driveway!....lol

BeachBumMike 02-03-2008 11:16 AM

[align=center]Hi `Nathan,[/align][align=center]Yes, I believe two Monte's are better then one :D.[/align][align=center]If, you can afford to have two.[/align][align=center][:-][/align][align=center]I'd be happy right now, just to have one : )[/align][align=center]Still waiting on the courts to release t i t le : ([/align][align=center]I do love the 86 SS, & there are some great ones still[/align][align=center]out there. Seek, and you shall find. :D[/align][align=center]If I find one in your area during my searches, I shall post `it,[/align][align=center]or send it to you.[/align][align=center]Look'in forward to seeing your CAI, & your review[/align][align=center]once it is installed. Good Luck,[/align][align=center]`Space[/align]

03SS 02-03-2008 11:17 AM

Good luck with the install
Let us know about the gains

Submariner 02-03-2008 12:44 PM

Any difference between the K&N and the Wizaired? I'm leaning toward the Wizaired but can be easily swayed with the right info.

MyIntimidator 02-03-2008 01:09 PM

From what i understand the Wizaired is supossed to be better, but does not look as good installed, (in my opinion) I like the K&N name and it looks good to, so that is why i finally went with it, next week i should have an update on it installed! with pics ofcourse

MyIntimidator 02-05-2008 08:18 PM

I am Exicted I just picked it up today and i have a half day of work tomorrow. So it will installation time. I plan to take plenty of pictures and video clips before and after. and will post my success or failure of an install..lol IT is the K&N FIPK gen II

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/e...or/57-3045.jpg

But the one i got looks a little different the cone is a little different and the tube is hard plastic with a smooth inside

RocknSS04 02-09-2008 04:32 PM

I think the Wizaired system has a MUCH better air box, but the K&N has a MUCH better tube. I went with the K%N also, for the smooth tube. I have added a Lexan cover for mine, also, but have temporarily removed it, as I had to modify the heat shield a little when I installed the throttle body spacer, and the cover no longer fits properly. I don't like the way the K&N has an open top into the engine compartment, that's why I made the clear cover. That was the plan from the time I bought it.