Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

high flow cat

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 08:10 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member
Default RE: high flow cat

heres a video of me... stubborn as a mule

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_Wg8klYANQ

Old 10-24-2007, 08:20 PM

That is nothing to be proud of. Pride comes before the fall. You should know that phrase...

It is never acceptable to be so hard headed that you are PROUD OF IT.

The goal of this forum is to learn something, not to cause a 3 page debate.

Please take what I am saying to heart, as causing problems with too many people over something that you are incorrect about will lead to not many people enjoying your company on these forums.

Old 10-24-2007, 08:53 PM

5 Year Member

just trying to lighten the mood up around this page a bit.... thats all. can we just agree to disagree? i'm not going to convince you of anything and you're not about to convince me of anything, so we're better off to just drop it, right?

Old 10-25-2007, 07:25 AM

i wasnt asking for a debate, just that it is time to replace my stock cat, and why replace it with another stock unit. I just needed a little help deciding what to get. and should i replace the remaining exhaust as well. I looked at the hogan , but the add says you my need to modify the sheetmetal under the car, which I dont want to do, but the random tech looked like a direct fit. thanks for the help.

Old 10-25-2007, 11:56 AM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

ORIGINAL: tommyd

i wasnt asking for a debate, just that it is time to replace my stock cat, and why replace it with another stock unit. I just needed a little help deciding what to get. and should i replace the remaining exhaust as well. I looked at the hogan , but the add says you my need to modify the sheetmetal under the car, which I dont want to do, but the random tech looked like a direct fit. thanks for the help.
I think that all Cowboy was trying to say, that when it comes to real late model cars, the technology of cat converters has come to the point they 'closely' rival high-flow cats.

So if you have a fairly brand new car (built within the last 10 or so years), your best bet is getting a larger diameter cat if you are going go with a high-flow.

Is this close Cowboy?

Old 10-25-2007, 01:30 PM

5 Year Member

thats exactly what i was trying to say dave. if its time to replace your cat anyway, then i would probably go for the high flow simply because of its larger diamater, but i wouldn't go with one just for the heck of buying one.

Old 10-25-2007, 02:17 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Thanks Cowboy.

It is like here working for my little brother.

We get into debates and we find ourselves arguing the same point from different perspectives.

That is what is seemed like between you and Keegan.

Generally the debates end with a general concensus that we both made valid points.

Old 10-26-2007, 05:42 AM

So what is a good system to buy. I am in the market to buy a new cat , and maybe a complete system. I do not want to throw money away, and I dont want to buy something that may cause other problems as well.

tom

Old 10-26-2007, 02:05 PM

5 Year Member

well i bought a dynomax cat back system myself, and i'm happy with it. it sounds good, but it takes a copule of months for it to "blow out" and break in the mufflers for them to get noisier. they aren't that bad. personaly, i don't like the sound of a flowmaster on much of anything. really, asking which muffler is like asking Ford or Chevy? 2 people will say 2 different things. find the sound clips and decide for yourself, becasue they are all good choices if it suits your ears. with a down pipe, the high flow cat (look on summit racing, they gota magnaflow high flow with the 2.5" diameter i think for $135). most cat back systems are 2.25" diameter, so try to find one at 2.5" so you'll have 2.5 all the way back, that'll help a lot to have teh exhuast a 2.5" all the way back, ut you're looking at probably somehwere between $600-1000 depending on the systems you get, maybe more if you go with borla. anyways, hope this helps.

Old 10-26-2007, 02:26 PM

Monte Of The Month -- August 2007
5 Year Member3 Year Member1 Year Member

In my humble opinion, I like the ZZ Performance 3" T304 stainless downpipe with Magnaflow high-flow convertor. $239 w/$50 back on old cat turn in. $189, and it won't throw a check engine code. That's the one I just put on my car. a solid 1-1.5 mpg gain. Sounds good, but loud. And it's stainless, most are not.
Wayne
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2319272

Quick Reply: high flow cat