Headers/Intake/Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

high flow cat

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 01:27 PM
Default RE: high flow cat

One of our high-flow catalytic converters will give you power and torque increases while still keeping your exhaust clean. How? A high-flow catalytic converter uses a low-restriction element that cleans combustion byproducts without slowing down the gas flow. More power. More torque. Cleaner exhaust. A high-flow catalytic converter is a winner any way you cut it.

Old 10-24-2007, 01:37 PM

Fallen to the Dark Side - Resident Ford Man
5 Year Member
3 Year Member1 Year Member

just telling you what the exhaust shop told me when i asked about having it done... and they are a very reputable exhuast shop.

Old 10-24-2007, 01:40 PM

Thats because they dont carry the stuff, and if they cant make money on it, they wont sell it to you. Earl's exhaust cannot dispute what SLP, Hogan, Random Technology, and some of the fastest 3800 FWD car owners on the planet have to say about high-flows.

NOW I'm done

Old 10-24-2007, 01:44 PM

5 Year Member

ah yeah? he had three of them 2 1/4" and advertisements for them all over the shop, believe they were flowtech, and i asked him about putting one on, and he said it wouldn't be worth it on such a new car becasue the catalytic converters have come so far that that by this year, they aren't really that restrictive. a high flow catalytic converter isn't what it used to be, yes back in the day they helped a ton, back when catalytic converters were fairly new and not quite figured out yet. but by the later 90's or so on up they arent' really that restrictive. the ones most sites sell for this car swap the cat for one that is a 1/4" thicker, any difference you feel is because of the size difference, not the fact that it is a high flow cat. all they are doing is marketing them, as high flow cats, maybe making one or two very small changes (like make the shape a tad different), and sell it to you as a high flow cat. its all marketing, trying to get you to buy it. and apparently, it is working.

Old 10-24-2007, 04:42 PM

Monte Of The Month -- February 2008

Well Cowboy, it seems like there is a huge difference, but then again, you are right about high performance converters seemingling designed for cars older than the mid 90's.

http://www.a-1performance.com/super_converter/

Old 10-24-2007, 06:31 PM

duane what shop told u that BS? is it the same shop that raped u on that tune and dyno? i mean give me the name and number and ill personally tell them that their full of it

Old 10-24-2007, 06:44 PM

5 Year Member

muffler express in henderson, nc. thats where everyone around here goes.... well if you guys think they'll help, go ahead. not my money

Old 10-24-2007, 06:44 PM

why not straightpipe to the mufflers? other then the obvious laws in certain states. they're pretty lienient here in Alberta.

Old 10-24-2007, 07:23 PM

ORIGINAL: couch

why not straightpipe to the mufflers?

'cause I like my ears not to bleed.

Old 10-24-2007, 07:42 PM

5 Year Member

as long as the mufflers aren't there, i don't think you're ears would bleed a friend of mine with a mustang cobra had straight pipes for awhile. he said it gave him headaches when he was out opening it up, but i actually liked it (i guess i was trained for the noise, i like a good saturday night at the drag strip.short track). anyhow, i guess everybody likes different degrees of loudness.

Quick Reply: high flow cat